Topic: some help please

hi, sorry about this thread bet you have read things like this a million times....i have been trying to post a song on the forum and have read and followed james instructions but when i come to post it only what i have typed in the message box appers on the post none of what i have copy and pasted from word apper,they apper in the message box but not on the thread when i post it?????????????? i am a little stumped....sorry to post this here just need some help...

many thanks matt

i came.....i saw........i left!!

Re: some help please

Hi Matt,

I am no expert but it may be that you have tried to copy and paste a Word .doc which is a formatted document. If so re-save as  .txt before copying and pasting and that may work.

I hope that helps but I cannot guarantee it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

thanks roger....going to try it now

matt.

Hello Matt - Sorry for the frustration, it is probably one of those situations where something very very simple is being done incorrectly.

I'm no techno-whiz either, but the format of the file should not matter - both .txt or .doc files should work fine.  I have used both successfully. 

Be sure to 'mouse off' or 'mark' all the text that you want to copy and paste into your message (avoid coppying extra, blank lines at beginning and end of text).  If you are trying to paste in just the file's name, that will not work. 

Other than that, I am stumped also . . . hope we can get this fixed, would love to see your song.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

hi,think i may have cracked it....took out all the spaced lines between chorus and verse and think it will work

thanks

matt