Topic: Naming Songs

I'm writing a tune for guitar, and I don't know what to call it! It's an instrumental, and I hope to have piano and percussion in it as well. I don't play piano though. I came up with the word "Confusion" and thought that was. I don't know if it really fits into a genre, although it sounds kind of Classical. It's nice to listen to so far, but I want it to be really long, like eight minutes.
So I just need a name and I'll be away.

Thanks,

Will

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Re: Naming Songs

Hi Will,

Why not call it "Paranormal"

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

There is a long tradition in classical music to include the chosen key in the name.  So, how about something like 'Trio in D Major' or 'Opus 14 in E Minor' or 'Instrumental One in G Major'.  Naming an instrumental piece is hard - many jazz composers seem to just randomly pick words for names.  Get it written and by the end some appropriate name will probably obvious to you.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Thanks guys! Both your ideas are genius. I could call it paranormal mode in A minor or something!

cool
okay??

hey dude...how about, mind's mood...? just a suggestion.

Lay

(0)==#paranormal guitar wrote:

Thanks guys! Both your ideas are genius. I could call it paranormal mode in A minor or something!

I think that's a great title. I don't even thing you need mode in there "paranormal in A minor"!

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Oh thankyou.

cool
okay??