1 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-05-07 20:27:51)

Topic: Me and You

[Song]

{t: Me and You }

{C;  I was thinking about Scott and BGD moving and the challenges of picking up moving a family, and then realized there are also many more challenges as well, even having the courage to step out of the shadows and do something you've never done before ( happens all the time here on Chordie).  It would be so difficult to do without support   - so I put this little song together.  Hope you like it! }

[C] [Em] [Am]  [G]
[C] Well it seems we’re about to find out [Em] what it’s like to be
[Am] going out in this crazy world like  [G] two ships on a rugged sea
[C] after  years of having all of  the  [Em]safe comforts of our home, it’s,
[Am] time now to  turn the  pages n' [G]move our lives along

[C] [Em] [Am]  [G]

[C] I know it sounds  a little scary  and we’’ve  [Em] got some thing’s to figure out
[Am] got a few questions  on our minds and a[G] closet full of doubt
[F] but it’s now or never, baby  it’s [C] time to make our move
[F] I know that we can do this honey,  just  as[G] long as it’s me and  you

Chorus

[C]Together, we can do anything, [Am]no  mountain we can’t climb
[F] no challenge can bring us down, if I  [G]have you by my  side
[C] I can’t think of anything now , [Em] that we couldn’t do
[F]Nothing can stop us baby,  as [G]long as I'm with  you

Repeat chorus (with an  added C chord in last line)

[C]Together, we can do anything, [Am]no  mountain we can’t climb
[F] no challenge can bring us down, if I  [G]have you by my  side
[C] I can’t think of anything now , [Em] that we couldn’t do
[F]Nothing can stop us baby,  as [G]long as I'm with [C] you

fade.....
[F]Nothing can stop us baby,  as [G]long as it’s me and[C] you
(Slower)

[/song]

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-05-07 20:54:45)

Re: Me and You

I really love the line "closet full of doubt" and have a question for you, Jim: When you come up with a rhyme as great as that one, does it give you the incentive to come up with more? Do you pat yourself on the back just a little? smile

Thanks for sharing another of your works with us, my friend!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

3 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-05-07 18:21:12)

Bill thanks

Nah -I'm no where's near good enough to pat myself on the back.  I just like to write.
I don't why, but stuff just pops in my head when I think about things that are happening around me.
I actually had the chords to this before the lyrics - which is a complete turn around for me.

Here is the soundcloud link to my version. https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/me-and-you-2016-jk

As per usual, my voice is not that of a singer and my guitar skills need plenty of improvement. 
Hope it doesn't hurt anyone's ears smile but at least you can tell what it's supposed to sound like.
I find it so therapeutic to just play a little , think a little and rhyme a little.

Hope all is well with you and Dondra Bill!!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I just played it through on my guitar a couple of times before I heard your version on soundcloud. I played it faster. Between verses where you play C Em Am G, I found myself just naturally slipping a F between Am & G.
TIG please do not bring yourself down about your voice and guitar skills. Your voice is unique and your guitar compliments your voice and writing perfectly
Give yourself that well deserved pat on the back TIG.

Thick as two short planks

hey jim, another masterpiece. i cant listen to your recording at the moment Ann's trying to sleep as you may know, she came back from holiday with a bad chest infection which is why i haven't had time to get our other project moving, hopefully soon. keep 'em coming buddy.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

That's very nice work, TIG ... real talent on display. Some lyrics are easier to write than others, but when it comes to expressing feelings (without sounding cliche) you've done very well. Thanks, man!

Jim, fantastic once again, oh your head is full of wonderful songs! Thanks for sharing.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

I like the way you write about relationship challenges.

Hi Jim  ....................... I had a go at your song  tonight, I love this song.  I have been itching to have a go at this one for a while and finally got a bit of time tonight to record it.  I have just recorded it straight as is, no microphone or reverb as husband was asleep and didn`t think he would take to kindly to me suddenly amping up the household lol smile

Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Forgot to add the link roll

https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan/me-and-yoump3

If you like the direction it is going Jim, I may even re-record it and hopefully do a better job of it when i don`t have to be quiet and not wake my hubby up smile

Sounds great Jan

Thanks so much for a superb cover!

Thanks Tigljk smile