Topic: Need Some Computer Help, Please

My eyes are getting really bad  (my screen and the icon texts look blurred), so I want to ask what settings some of you might be using on your display? I'm using medium, but HAD been using smaller. The text COLOR is also blurry to see. Maybe y'all can give me some suggestions? This is really aggravating.

Thanks as always for your help!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Need Some Computer Help, Please

Reading glasses. They are cheap. Available everywhere. Even at Dollar Tree.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

That was my first thought too. I need reading glasses for almost any reading I do.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Those are the ones I use, and only good up to about 24" away then forgetaboutit !  You might try fiddling with your screen resoulution and set it to a higher number to sharpen the edges a bit.... the downside is sometimes the icons get really tiny.  My standard Monitor is 27 inches which is OK for a desktop, but I do have to don the glasses to read the fine print on packaging and such.  Getting old bites !!  wink

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

It's no help to this thread but COLOR seems a really strange way of spelling COLOUR. My spell checker even puts a red line under it. But I suppose it all means the same thing. Reading glasses Bill they'll cost you £1 a pair from Boots Chemists. I'll send you some if you need them.

Thick as two short planks

6 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2017-04-23 21:11:58)

Well, I tried some of Dondra's old cast-off glasses, but yeah, I'm sitting about three feet away from my screen, so they aren't any help (the strongest ones - I think- are 2.75.

So I bought some of those "dial-in" sight glasses one sees on tv and they seem to be working okay so far. I am also going to my eye doctor next week for a check-up and a look at the macular degeneration which probably has gotten worse as well. Need cataract removal too. All of those together ought to do SOME good, don'tcha think? smile

Thanks, Guys

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-04-24 00:27:58)

Been using reading glasses for 15 years or so, and as time goes by the needed strength increases. I'm at 2.50 now for reading, computer, woodwork, etc., and have a pair of 3.50's for fly tying. Most of the pharmacies and dept. stores sell them quite cheap, so I've found it handy to have several pair in different parts of the house ... just in case.

When you are working at the computer, rest your eyes for at least 20 seconds by looking at something 20 feet (6.1 m) away after using the computer for 20 minutes. If you have a window nearby, looking at something outdoors is a great option.

Great idea, thanks Mark and "Welcome To The Show! smile

Opie

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass