Topic: For My British/Kiwi/Aussie Friends

Do you know what I mean when I say I'm "knock-kneed"? Not sure if it's a term y'all use. We use it down South a lot.

Just in case, it's when a guy's real nervous in front of a girl, he's trying to meet. He's "knock-Kneed" (knees are knocking together, audible by using the drummer's wood block with a fast fill after the word "Kneed")

I'm working on a "Rockabilly" tune called that: "Knock-Kneed" and I've got it started and plan to finish it tomorrow and put it out there with chords and all.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: For My British/Kiwi/Aussie Friends

Hi Bill
Knocked Kneed is a expression I like. It is used in NZ by some parts Kiwi society.Look fprward to seeing what you come up with.
I am not playing music at the moment due to health issues, just adding a few bad vocals here and there,  Attached is my latest vocal effort .
Wishing you and Dondra all the best.
https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/no-mo … -the-blues

3 (edited by Phill Williams 2017-05-08 18:42:45)

In Wales or at least my part, it's used to describe an affliction opposite to bow legged, where the knees bend inwards and maybe touch when walking. I have heard the saying "knees knocking" in relation to a scary event like catting a young lady up!!!

edit; that should read "chatting a young lady up" oops

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2017-05-08 11:06:39)

I've been re-thinking the title, Phill.  While we use it here in the American South, "Knock-Kneed" may not be as prevalent as I suppose. Back to the drawing board and hoping I don't "paint myself into a corner!" smile

How about "My knees are knockin', my baby's rockin'" ?  Something along the lines of Jerry Lee Lewis?

Thanks to both of you!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

hi Bill, without seeing what you've already done, i cant comment, just to say i like it|

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Yeah, guess I need to think on  it some more. Pretty sure my muse is taking the week off. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Peatle Jville wrote:

Hi Bill
Knocked Kneed is a expression I like. It is used in NZ by some parts Kiwi society.Look fprward to seeing what you come up with.
I am not playing music at the moment due to health issues, just adding a few bad vocals here and there,  Attached is my latest vocal effort .
Wishing you and Dondra all the best.
https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/no-mo … -the-blues

I hope a full recovery from your health issues comes your way soon.

In the meanwhile, bad vocals are a speciality of mine.  Keep up the good work.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thank you Zurf it took  me years of pratice to learn how to sing as bad as I do.

Thank you Zurf it took  me years of pratice to learn how to sing as bad as I do.

Hi Bill ...  sure do know what KNOCK KNEED is ..... looking forward to seeing and hearing  your song  smile

Peatle, great job on the blues number smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

11 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-05-13 06:08:08)

Jandle it is wonderful to have people like yourself and Bill take time to listen to my attempts. Robert made my not so good voice sound better by writing a easy to follow piece of music. Thank you.