1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-07-01 11:17:16)

Topic: Well Done Lions

Congratulations to the Lions on beating our New Zealand Rugby team the  All Blacks in the second  test. This will make the third test interesting..

Re: Well Done Lions

thanks Peatle, oh yes very interesting. must be the best series for a long time.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Yes congratulations to the Lions ........... well done. 
A red card to boot for Sonny Bill *ouch*
It`s gonna be all on this weekend smile

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_4526.gif

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Win or lose it's going to be a great game and party after

Wellington Merchants are loving it !!  "Some folks got away with a few NZD in their pockets, so let's have them back to spend the rest! " .
We know better, but us "conspiracy loving Yanks" would think the Blacks held back a little for exactly that reason..... not me!  We watched the highlights, and have been "Fern" boosters for ages. smile
This third test should be a corker !!
Well Done Lions !

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

6 (edited by TIGLJK 2017-07-03 20:34:47)

When is the third match ?
I love the Haka intimidation dance the all blacks do prior to match.
This pretty funny as well
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NaJSGky4F4U

Hope it's a great match!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Don't quote me but I think it's on for this coming Saturday.... sadly I don't think it will be televised here in the States (at least I was unable to watch the first two), guess that is something I'll have to investigate further.  Naturally I am too "cheap" to "pony up" for the really expensive cable package, no point having 120+ channels NOT to bother watching!

I think the kick-off is at 7.30 pm local time, Saturday? I'm probably wrong as everyone in my local had differing times and opinions. That was a hard game, I don't suppose many came off the pitch un-bruised?

9 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-07-04 01:17:22)

Both teams next Saturday will be at their best. The Lions played the better game last Saturday and All Blacks will have to improve their game next Test match. The kick-off will be at 7.30 pm Saturday night New Zealand time. At the begining of each game the All Blacks will preform one of the two Hakas they do. It will be Kapa Opango or Kamate. Kapa Opango which is a new Haka writen back in 2005. Ka Mate is old haka writen over a hundred years ago around 1820 by a great Maori Chief, Te Rauparaha. I will attach a short video explaining what the Kamate Haka means to the All Blacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnlFocaA64M

Tig .............. funny, thanks for sharing that link smile

Peatle .......... that was a great link you shared as well, will give those who didn`t know an understanding of what it`s all about smile

Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Is it just me or was that Draw on Saturday something that left one wanting...... more???  The rules are the rules, but it would have been nice to see a definitive finish.

Well done ALL !!!

Doug it is going to be one of those games that people will debate about for years to come. For me it was frustrating having an outcome that didn't have a winner. I should imagine for the Lion suporters it was a good outcome because it shows their team is just as good as the All Blacks. We have enjoyed having the Lions and their suporters visit to our country  representing the United Kingdom well  with pride.and a great spirit. It was also  good  that it showed up the  weaknesses with the All Black style of play..  The Lions now are going to be a hard to beat team for any  country that plays Rugby Union.

What a game and what a series? The Lions, I think, played a brilliant game knowing the All Blacks would throw everything at them after losing the second test. If it wasn't for the video ref in the last moments it would have been a different story. Though it wouldn't have changed the after game celebrations.

On behalf of us Brits I would like to thank the people of New Zealand for their kindness and hospitality. Long live rugby.

I just watched the link and it's very informative. I always believed that as well as being a challenge it was a welcome?
Everyone that takes a look at the link should check out the one about Haka fights....sorry, but I wouldn't hang around for the defiant tongue poke at the end....toilet calls. Lol

Phill
The Haka can be part of a welcome known as a Powhiri. A Powhiri  is a welcoming ceromony I will attach a short video explaining what a Powhiri  is about. My father was English and when he arrived in New Zealand he really hadn't read or had much knowledge of Maori culture.  When he first saw  a Maori welcome he felt like getting back on the ship he arrived on. He soon realised after speaking to and coming into contact with Maori that they were friendly.  Haka is also preformed at funerals as  a way honouring the one who has died.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZy7u0_36nw

Peatle   - That was very interesting and informative,  I also watched the video of the Powhiri when U.S. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton was welcomed.... it was a fantastic performance.  Thanks for sharing such an important part of your culture.   

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

17 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-07-12 05:50:59)

Jim Thank you for your interest.  I thought you might be also interested to know that Joe Walsh of the Eagles has a special connection to Maori and New Zealand.  Below is a short article that might interest you writen a few years back..  He had a life changing experience while here.
There is a bit of a long video on youtube of the Powhiri that was held and him speaking but this short article tells the story just as well.

American rocker Joe Walsh has returned to the site of his life-changing "epiphany" in Hawke's Bay with a warning about living life in the fast lane.
The 67-year-old Eagles guitarist visited Otatara Pa, near Taradale, on Tuesday where he was welcomed by the locals and treated to a rendition of the band's hit song Hotel California  performed by school children.
It was at Otatara Pa 26 years ago that Walsh sat on a hill overlooking Hawke's Bay and had a vision that he credits with setting him on the path towards sobriety

"I don't understand it, I don't need to, but I had a moment of clarity standing up on top and looking out at the valley," he said.
"I remember that vividly and I don't know where that came from. I got goosebumps."
Walsh said he went home after that with a different mindset.
Giving up drugs and alcohol was the hardest thing he had ever done, but also the most rewarding, he said.
"Today, I haven't had a drink or done any drugs in 21 years ... and a lot of the guys that I used to run with didn't make it. They're gone."
Walsh's career in the music industry has spanned more than 40 years, but he is best known as a keyboardist and guitarist for Rock and Roll hall of famers the Eagles, who he joined in 1975.
The band, which is considered to be one of the greatest American rock acts of all time, played two shows in Auckland over the weekend as part of their History of the Eagles tour

Walsh's latest visit to Otatara Pa is his third. After his epiphany in 1989 he returned in 2004 to pay homage to the place and its people.
"The first time I came here, I was in trouble," Walsh said on Tuesday.
"When you get successful at something, and you're young, it's easy to lose your perspective. It's easy to forget what you were doing that got you successful, and that happened to me."
At the time, alcohol and drugs were eating a hole in his heart where love and family should have been, he said.
"I could still function but I knew I was in trouble."
The Maori people would always be special to him, because they gave him his life back, he said.
"I'm here to say thank you ... I have a wonderful life now, and I have a family now. That's new to me, but it's wonderful. It's what healed me."
 -

wow

that's great

Thanks Peatle

Doug_Smith wrote:

Is it just me or was that Draw on Saturday something that left one wanting...... more???  The rules are the rules, but it would have been nice to see a definitive finish.

Well done ALL !!!

Must admit .......... think most people felt like this Doug ......... the end was a bit of a fizzle really ................now we have to wait another 12 years for the Lions vs All Blacks to play again.  Oh well............

On another note ......... well done to the Lions team and the UK .............what excellent support the Lions  had come over here, very impressive smile

20 (edited by Doug_Smith 2017-07-13 01:50:37)

I do think Las Vegas will be hosting another "Sevens" Tourney this year, so at least we here in the States will have a chance at watching it live.  Perhaps both of these organizations will field teams for that and get to meet without having to wait another Twelve Years !!

Doug  It is good to see the Sevens game growing and getting world wide interest.