Topic: Dondra's New BluRay Player......

........allows the user to access among others, Netflix and YouTube, but the kid who's helping us install it tells me either the computer or the player (don't remember which) is missing a small attachment, but he couldn't remember it's name (blind leading the blind, right? wink ).  Anyone know what it might be and where I can obtain it?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Dondra's New BluRay Player......

Well Bill, it does need to access the internet, so I would think that the missing item is either a Ethernet cable to connect to your router, or a wireless adapter to connect to your wireless network.  Mine was like that and I wound up putting another wireless router near the thing and made the connection that way, as my wired router is at the far end of the house.  Awhile back you had mentioned that you had a "spare" Linksys, and if the wired option is not easily available (like me, too far for cable) you could put it to use and configure it as an "access point".

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks Doug, that is what it is called and we'll get her one asap.

Merry Christmas to you, Janet and Family!

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

I know nothing about Blu-ray players, but this may help....

My son changed his internet supplier and couldn't make out why he couldn't get eg YouTube up on his smart TV. First thing that came to my mind was, have you typed in the new pass code? It's working fine now. Just a thought.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.