Re: New Administrator - Guitardocphil

Toney, I continue like I did before, I am who I am, and I discovered so many nice people like you and so many others. It is so crazy, I am soft AND hard. It is maybe strange, I was hard and correct while still working, and my private life was a mess, because of being too soft.
Soft for me is: not afraid to hide feelings, this happened a lot also when working. It's like a contradiction to use the 2. I showed feelings to people, with the intention that they knew they were not the only ones. It really helped a lot of people. Assertive is on the top of my list as is helping people and learn a lot.
Lieven (typical name here, and, it means (this is absurd: the beloved one)

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Doc

Vat het niet persoonlijk op als mensen je plagen vanwege je Engels. Ze realiseren zich niet hoe moeilijk het is om in een andere taal te schrijven. (I do! roll)

Ze bedoelen het niet kwaad.
Keep posting!
Suze

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

I know, and I also know that I  can count on all of you. Sometimes, even with my "English" some things are misunderstood. But I try to do the best I can. I am glad to know you all, you all mean a lot to me, gave me a purpose. If my "written" English is not correct, I really would appreciate, to correct me: why? to learn better and to know more about the language. The only way to learn is to use the language. I learned Italian by asking my friends there (I stayed 2 months in Sienna, Florence, Naples) to speak only Italian, and if I didn't understand a phrase, to translate it in French or English.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

EH,
see since this is an english speaking site, can we have all posts in english please?
thats if that is ok. this way everyone can understand

thanks

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

THANKS.
You are great guys (including of course the Ladies), and this is a great site where you meet so many people, all with the same passion: MUSIC.
It would be nice to reach 150.000 members on 12/31/2007.
Toney (all others too) is it possible to correct English words and phrases? Sometimes people have difficulties to understand what I mean, I learned a lot since the day I became a member.
I love learning (BUT I HATE TO STUDY).
My apologies (writing topics, or answering a topic) who were misunderstood.
HAVE A NICE DAY

31 (edited by upyerkilt 2007-10-24 20:04:39)

Lieven

I understand your english very well, I think you do superb in english. You probably speak it a lot better than a lot on here too since it is not your first langauge you would not have picked up so many bad habits thru dialect than  a lot of englsih speak people.

Ken

Doctor Guitarra Felipe:

Eusted me prunto que escribia en orto palavria que no este de me lengua. Pardona me pero yo nunca escribe en espanol so me gramica no via estad buen.  Quando yo dieso que tu edda amable yo estava desciendo que estede teina un corazon grande ye que eustede teina commpasion por otra gente. Descienso que estede ed da como un osito edda allgo de respect como descio Upyerkilt. Eusted escribe english bueno y yo intendo que esta o que decid. Yo no puede escribed lo en Frances no mas Espanol y no bein.

Phil,

As Upyerkilt (or the king if you will) said my comment "are you an old softy" means that you are like a teddy bear. You show compassion for the other person and are not afraid to hide or show your emotions, you have a big heart. The meaning misunderstood might be taken as that I am insinuating that you are weak which by no means is true. If it was misunderstood as such please accept my apologies, by no means was it written to humiliate or harm you in any such way. I never write in spanish and I also taught myself to speak spanish (I live in California the official language is spanish) as well I am learning Mandrin currently but I spell it like it sounds. I would not want to attempt to speak or write French as I have no interest (no haters I just dont' want to learn). Keep on doing what your doing and remember opinions are just that everyone has one, like people not one is the same. If I did not believe what I have written I would not have taken the time to write this reply. But I consider the other persons emotions also and as you mentoned check the facts and have the information before a summation is made.

With Respect.

Bootlegger.

I am in a word gfame mood.
I see that you know your classics like "don't stop' by Fleetwood Mac.
But Tahahime is on my side, yes it is and on a day, people will drawn in their theirs and one will cry three times:
Oh help me, please doctor, don't leave us today
Tell me a story about how you adore me in certain way
But please don't go to take me upstairs for a ride.
Even more: before you accuse me take a look at yourselves, you will see your faces and notice that there is somethin' on your mind. Go on, hideaway.

Let's make a deal: WHO HAS THE GUTS TO TRANSLATE a phrase written in Dutch, and using every possible translation site.
I woukd love to see the results, so please translate this:

NA EEN LANGE DAG VAN VALLEN EN OPSTAAN, BEGON HIJ WEER  ZIJN VROUW TE MISHANDELEN, NA EERST DE KINDEREN MISBRUIKT TE HEBBEN.

Who takes the challenge, because it can be
- correct
- funny, and for me and for you
Have a beautiful day.

Does it say "guitaardocphil is one cool dude who is passionate about music"?

Give everything but up.

Well, where is my "challenge?" it was only translating a Dutch phrase!
Keep on I am back, the old Doc is back again. I just had a few days, bad days, too much thinking about something (personal) isn't good.
So fresh start, and let's keep chordie clean, with only 1 goal, to be the BEST SITE.

Lieven
I just got in from work so this is the first I have seen of your challenge.
I cheated naturally as I can only speak Scottish english and a few words of gaelic.
so the translator online translates your words as follows

FALL AND GET UP AFTER A LONG DAY VAN, BEGAN WANT TO BE HE WOMAN TO MALTREAT, ABUSED AFTER FIRST DE CHILDREN TO HAVE.

lol, Is that really what it means or is it all mumble jumble?

Ken

Hi kilt, everything OK under the kilt smile smile
Sorry, I am in a weird mood today. I need fun. Always the lonesome doc, but at least here, I have company.
This something I wanted to know already months ago, and seeing you answer here it is:
- You mentioned Scottish English. Is there a difference between Scottish English and English English.
- Your, better, the Scottish dialect, is it close, or more or less close to the Irish Gaelic, or Welsh?
I used to have a fantastic book, about "origin and development of modern languages) It started all with "Indo German"About gaelic, it is also named celtic. I remember that long time ago, before Hastings, some locations where dominated by "picts" as far as I can remember you had first the Romans, followed somewhere in 400-500 AC by Anglo-Saxions, and isn't it so that people like vikings, lived there too. Is it possible to show me websites, because this is so interesting, like the difference between Scotland, Ireland, OLD (5th century) English AND THE INSTRUMENTS THEY USED

gitaardocphil wrote:

- You mentioned Scottish English. Is there a difference between Scottish English and English English.

Hope you don't mind if I take this one...

I was learning japanese about a year ago, and in japanese these is only one way to pronounce each word. In english everyone says each word slightly differently.

If you are from scotland you sound different to someone from wales, the welsh sound different if they are from south wales or north wales. There are hundreds of different accents.

Can someone post a link to an interview with jamie carrager please? (i think that's how it's spelt) Just to prove my point. Most english people can't understand him but he is still speaking english.

yes,
It is all just dialect really. It is still english but wit hslight differences that everyone that can speak english can normally understand I think.
The welsh gaelic also pronouces all letters in their words so I am told.

Anyway,
this is getting into a discusiiopn now and off the original topic and totally in the wrong place,
so How about this topic gets either closed,locked or moved and we can carry on whatever comes along in chordie chat?
A topic that can change off subject, just as if we were sitting in one big room and anyone can say anything.

hmm, I am going to go creat that topic right now,:lol:

Ken

Hi Lieven

what a strange sentence, I can't make any more sense of it than upyerkilt!

I've got to say I have never seen anyone so inquisitive about everything as you are, I stand in awe!

Briefly, Scots Gaelic and Irish Gaelic are different but related.  Scots English is incomprehensible to the English and should be banned!  English English is the only language worth speaking as it's the only language I know.  Japanese is a "tonal" language with the inflection of the spoken word giving it meaning.

"I love being English - it gives me a great vantage point from which to look down on everyone else"!  Can't remember who said that but it's great for getting into fights tongue

Bonedaddy

I'm the son of rage and love

bonedaddy wrote:

Hi Lieven

what a strange sentence, I can't make any more sense of it than upyerkilt!

I've got to say I have never seen anyone so inquisitive about everything as you are, I stand in awe!

Briefly, Scots Gaelic and Irish Gaelic are different but related.  Scots English is incomprehensible to the English and should be banned!  English English is the only language worth speaking as it's the only language I know.  Japanese is a "tonal" language with the inflection of the spoken word giving it meaning.

"I love being English - it gives me a great vantage point from which to look down on everyone else"!  Can't remember who said that but it's great for getting into fights tongue

Bonedaddy

lets not argue about this on this website.
But what you say even in jest without smilies to signify you are joking is not very nice. Englsih, scots english, american english spanish english as well as lots of other sorts of engliosh is worth speaking or there would be no communication.
It is good you love being english as you hsould since you are english, but there is no need to slag off other cultures, langauges or people.
But I do get the feeling you are only joking since we are all nice poeple on chodie.

It would look bad though to any new comers reading for the first time

Ken

Ken - If there's one thing I've learned from coming on this site, it's how to annoy moderators, first Roger and now you!  I've read quite a few of your posts and your sense of humour is probably as bizarre to some as mine. 

I'll point out here and now that I not here to pixx people off.  If you extrapolate the theory behind the proposition "Scots English is incomprehensible to the English and should be banned"  Then you'll realise that it actually highlights the narrow mindedness of the English rather than denigrates any other culture.

I wasn't aware that we were arguing, merely... discussing

I'm glad we had this chance to communicate!

I'm the son of rage and love

This is getting one of the most visited topics. smile smile !!?!!
I woke up an hour ago and the first thing I do, is going to the "bathroom" like you aal do, and in that period (just before) I start my PC, and there I am, checking my mail (I Have more than 3000 mails, I collect them too.
Why: Most of you know my condition (if not ask) It happened already twice, that I had to use an old email (at least one, 14 months old) against an insurance, claiming something else, unfortunately I replied with that old email : problem solved).
When I see all the fantastic and (quit a few) very funny mails, my day starts wonderful. I don't denie to have posted some stupid mails, better USELESS mails.
I've got a couple of bad & sad days. TOO much thinking...
There were a few answers on this topic, I understood, but missing the point. My English, AND knowledge AND writing are improved since here on chordie at least 50%. I still have some problems, to put words on the right place, I am working on it.
I almost forgot: YOU ARE ALL THE NICEST PEOPLE I EVER MET.
IS THERE ANOTHER SITE, LIKE CHORDIE? You can notice who is online, I hope to find a way to reach the visitors. I am sure that this is one of the fastest growing sites 5(FIVE) years already.
- What's the difference between a fiddle and a violin ?
Who cares - neither one's a guitar.
- Did you hear about the guitarist who was in tune ?
Neither did I. I will and with a "respect"joke: How many guitar players does it take to cover a Stevie Ray Vaughn tune ? Evidently all of them.
That is one of my favourites, it is funny AND at the same time RESPECT for SRV.
I'll be back soon, on this "teasing" topic.

"Na een lang dag van val en opstaan, begin hy weer sy vrou te mishandel nadat hy as 'n kind mishandel is"

' After a long day of falling and getting up. he abused his wife because he was abused a s a child, himself"

He got smashed, and proceeded to beat the hell  out of his wife. Charming...

I think this about 90% correct. 
Hello Doc,
Ek hoop jy voel goed vandag en het 'n rustige nag gehad. En nou gaan ek ophou afrikaans praat want ander mense kan ons nie verstaan nie en dis seker ongeskik!

bonedaddy wrote:

Ken - If there's one thing I've learned from coming on this site, it's how to annoy moderators, first Roger and now you!  I've read quite a few of your posts and your sense of humour is probably as bizarre to some as mine. 

I'll point out here and now that I not here to pixx people off.  If you extrapolate the theory behind the proposition "Scots English is incomprehensible to the English and should be banned"  Then you'll realise that it actually highlights the narrow mindedness of the English rather than denigrates any other culture.

I wasn't aware that we were arguing, merely... discussing

I'm glad we had this chance to communicate!

Ye have not annoyed me bonedaddy.
I was probably a bit .... whatever the word is,lol.
I just read your last line about being english and getting into fights and.... ahh forget it lol

ye never said anything that bad really, And I know it was not an argument, I said lets not argue, I never said lets stop arguing, lol

small things when said can get replies and then more replies and can escalate from there, I tihn kthats what I might have been trying to say? maybe I am just talking pure urine now? lol

anyway

Carry on

Ken