Topic: Slide Messiah

My apologies, I know this probably doesn't belong in the Acoustic forum, but that is where I am at with my guitar playing.

I was fortunate enough to be in the presence of greatness last night in a small club located in Pawling, NY.  Last night I saw Sonny Landreth and his krewe.  Being a guitar newbie, I was in awe of the talent, and wondered if he had evefr "sucked" like I currently do, at any point in his career.  For those that haven't seen or heard of Sonny, I suggest you do - go to YouTube.  He brought up a special guest for a few songs, Arlen "master of the telecaster" Roth - who I not heard of, but plan to. The best part was that the guy was out front after the show to meet, sign and thank those who attended.  Alert omni magazine, for last night the center of the slide guitar universe was in a small town in upstate NY!  What a show!

P.J.

Acoustic: Yamaha F-310, Washburn WD-32SW

Re: Slide Messiah

Somebody taped a portion of the show - for those interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjec7Zq8kGs

Acoustic: Yamaha F-310, Washburn WD-32SW

pj we all suck at some point when we start.

pjl6364 wrote:

My apologies, I know this probably doesn't belong in the Acoustic forum, but that is where I am at with my guitar playing.

I was fortunate enough to be in the presence of greatness last night in a small club located in Pawling, NY.  Last night I saw Sonny Landreth and his krewe.  Being a guitar newbie, I was in awe of the talent, and wondered if he had evefr "sucked" like I currently do, at any point in his career.  For those that haven't seen or heard of Sonny, I suggest you do - go to YouTube.  He brought up a special guest for a few songs, Arlen "master of the telecaster" Roth - who I not heard of, but plan to. The best part was that the guy was out front after the show to meet, sign and thank those who attended.  Alert omni magazine, for last night the center of the slide guitar universe was in a small town in upstate NY!  What a show!

P.J.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

We all have to start somewhere...Sonny Landreth is one of the masters! If you like slide work then also Check out Roy Rogers, Leo Kottke, Ron Wood, Rick Veto for starters....these are all some great musicians!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

How about Ry Cooder?

I'm the son of rage and love

Yes....! Ry Cooder is one that I should have listed! He is absolutely awesome with a slide!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.