Topic: Help with songwriting

i've been playin guitar, my fourth instrument, for about 3 years now, and have a fairly good musical background.  i've been thinkin about writing a song for my girlfriend because she's been really good to me even when i havent been that great to her.  my trouble is that i dont sing very well, does anyone have any suggestions on what style i should think of writing?  and if not, does anyone have suggestions on a song to play that doesnt involve hard singing?  thanks

Re: Help with songwriting

Hell ddrfreaksidapa & welcome to the chordie forum!  Congratulations on deciding to add yet another instrument to your musical arsenal - your previous musical experience is a real advantage.

As you must know by now, learning to use an instrument make music takes practice - your singing voice is just another instrument, and practice can help it 'play' better.  Make an effort to use your voice as you practice guitar.  Since you are just starting out, it is an excellent opportunity to get your fingers and voice working together.

As far as song style; I would suggest starting out with a simple 3-chord sort of song (sometimes known as a I, IV, V as in G, D, C or D, G, A etc. chord set).  Keep it simple and express your emotions in plain language.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: Help with songwriting

man i totally agree them simple chords are easy to sing with you dont have to be a great singer bro just let her know bro