Topic: Aria guitars

Hello folks..
Wondering what you think of Aria guitars..  I have a couple of acoustics - a 12 string, sunburst color and a 6 string.. a parlor model that has a maple finish.  Haven't used them in a long time but pulled out the 6 string and had it set up.. its a real nice guitar to bring to the beach or bbq, etc.  Can't recall what I paid for it.. it was a long time ago, probably 1975..  just kinda cool to rediscover it again.  Deb

Re: Aria guitars

Good for you for bringing them back out, Deb.  I did the same way for years.  Played awhile, then let them sit for years in between.  If I had kept at it steady, I might have been pretty good by now.  But since I' retired 5 years ago, I haven't put it down.  Keep at it and good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I had an Aria (Japan) 12 String that I bought new back in the mid 70's...also a few years ago had a Les Paul Copy made by Aria.... I should've kept both of them!

Congrats on the rediscovery!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I had an Aria Pro II electric back in the 90's that played really well. It had a Strat style body and a pointy headstock.  The neck was thin and fast.  One of my nieces has it now. I wonder what its been up to...  Just looking at Ebay, the "Pro II" came in a whole bunch of varieties!

Now available in 5G !

My 12 string Aria used to be my primary guitar back in the day...  learned alot on that thing..  it's been nice dragging these two guitars back out..  reminds me of the "early" days.  Amazing how they're pretty much in great shape..  I did have the 6 string set up..  but the wood is good, they sound good..   I use a martin hd28 now and I had to have it rehydrated & set up recently..  I was getting a buzz on the A & E strings on the 3rd fret..  the folks at Appalacian Music Shop in MD took care of it..  the lesson tho..  seems the more expensive the guitar is, the more finicky it is..  that's okay though..  love the martin too.. 
thanks all.

i did the same started playing again< so glad i did, whey to go you will love it aria makes a pretty good guitar.

jos3hall, why don't you start a new thread in the chat section and ask this again.  It will be more apt to be seen as a thread of its own.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

i have an aria 6 string w/mother of pearl hummingbird inlay pickguard. purchesd in the 60s. my first guitar. i still use it constantly and the sound is stratavarious.

My brother, Colin's Aria guitar. He thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread and I must admit, when I have been allowed to get my hands on it, I was quite impressed too.

Roger

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7184/6948494519_3bc6b61e0b_z.jpg

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

The first acoustic guitar I ever played was an ARIA.It played like a dream.It was also too expensive.I ended up with a Montaya.That is long gone.Then I got my yamaha which I still have. I still wish I bought that aria instead.That was in 1982.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I think I smell some spam cooking

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

I have never owned one but evey Aria I have had a chance to play left me impressed

what a long strange trip it's been

bought an aria ts600 in 1979 serial#079004
was my main electric for years
long 24-fret 3 piece maple set neck, great electronics
which need tp be cleaned up now
my strat was the backup all through the 80's

Aria Pro II's are the ones to go for. Made Japan in the 70s and 80s. The later models are badged as Aria but are now made in Korea. Matsumoku were the manufacturer. They also made guitars for Westone (The Thunder 1A was a great Bass) I think they also made some for Ibanez.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.

the first guitar I bought is an aria and I still have it.Aw-75Qn. Even though I have now purchased much more expensive guitars I am loathe to part with it as it's the one I started learning on.

the chordie geordie

Great looking guitar,Roger.!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman