1 (edited by scar540 2007-07-07 20:54:25)

Topic: help wanted

I honestly need help writing songs
any tips are welcome
if you want to know im indy/rock

Re: help wanted

Hey Scar,

My best advice to you is to write songs about what you know and what you feel strongly about. My best songs have come from my heart. Remember that you are trying to bring an emotional response of some kind to people who listens to your songs.

I hope this helps and I wish you good luck,

Jeff/jets

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

yeah.. if it moves you, it's bound to move someone else

The desire to write songs is the most important factor - you've got that, so now pursue that desire by dedicating time to it every day.  Spend some quality time with your instrument and your muse - make it a habit.  Do it when you feel like it, and especially do it even when you don't feel like it.

Jot down ideas as they come to you (have a piece of paper and a pencil with you always).  Keep your eyes open and your ears perked up because raw ideas are everywhere.  Keep a notebook to hold your thoughts.

Don't expect your initial efforts to be masterpieces - but start with simple ideas and go from there.  Keep them simple - hooky riffs, killer solos, and other decorative elements can be added after the basic skeleton is built.

Don't be afraid to copy - it can really stimulate your creativity to base a song on another song.  Songwriting is tremendously rewarding once you get past the initial fear factor and start having fun with it.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

thaks alot ill try to use ur stradegies

scar,
if you want to write some punk tunes just think of the government and how you oppose them and put it in words.
Or hw you are against something that you dont think is right.

My latest song " I'm an atheist" are punk lyrics, but I have only done it on the acoustic.
I do quite a few acoustic punk songs

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

assign the voice recorder on your mobile to a speed dial or shortcut , to take instant notes on words and rhymes that come into your head or on observations you are making, and also take notes on any melodies and beats that are pulsating in your brain this is what i do and find it really helps , you have an idea for a fleeting moment
then its gone.

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel GarcĂ­a Marquez