Topic: C Am F G7

I read a old thread here the other day that I have taken to heart I've been playing for 3 months can humble through half a dozen songs I have bought 2 guitars and want to get much better so here I'm " C Am F G7 thanks guys

Let no talents go unused

Re: C Am F G7

Good start,keep learning new ones,b and f chords seem too be the chords most people have some trouble with. It would be good if you get going on scales.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Fire art  wrote:

C Am F G7

You've found what some people refer to as the "doo wop" chord progression (I-vi-IV-V).  It was used in a lot of early rock and roll ballads ("Earth Angel" and "All I Have to do is Dream" come immediately to mind).  It's still pretty common.

If you want to practice it in a couple of different keys, do this:

Key of G:  G  Em  C  D (or D7)

Key of A:  A  F#m  D  E (or E7)

Key of D:  D  Bm  G  A (or A7).

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Yes this is a common chord progression and is used a lot in music. You can also try substituting the F for a Dm. You then get a ii-V-I progression at the end, which is really useful to learn in different keys.

**[b]no free ads on Chordie links removed Rh[/b]