killing's not a game you stupid nob

cause really what do you win

I'd line you up one by one

put a bullet through your head

and as i throw away your gun

I'd smile cause you'd be dead

chorus: x2 or 3

Re: Stuck up toffs

Hello Donna, I just noticed your posting and 'fixed' the vodoo codes.
Open your post with the 'edit' button (bottom right of the song's window) to see what I did.
The voodoo codes are rather specific in what goes where and how.

Seems as if you have vented throroughly on this one!

On the one hand, this lyric advocates acts of violence, but on the other hand I realize it is a rather tongue-in-cheek approach to an issue that rouses much passion.

Many people enjoy hunting, so I reckon you will get some guff on this one.
James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

thank you again james. it was tongue and cheek,i'm not politcal nor am i into protesting or anything, but i do think people should only hunt if they intend to eat what they catch. it's not for fun,playing real sport like football,tennis,netball,baseball is both healthy and fun. this is why a lot of our creatures are disapearing because of ignorance. but thats just my opinion as i said i'm not a protester.  thanks again.

dx

Hi DLC,
I had to mull over this one a while?.
Your Anger is so strong in the words of this song! Both for the Wealthy! and Nature? I personally dont like Killing of any Kind?
But I do Fly Fish and love it!.
I dont kill them ! I catch and release.  The power and fight of these Little creatures is  always amazing to me? The beauty of them, their scales of so many beautiful colours. I always feel when caught,  they look at me with the expression of " HOW DARE YOU"! I love this power in them, its like " Now put me back where i belong,and dont you be interfering in my world!
Nature has a built in intelligence to sort its self out?

But your song has given me a lot of food for thought? So i thank you DLC for that!
Slán
Old Doll..

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

cheers for the message, i'm not a preacher and i dont hate the rich,jealous maybe i just think that some of them could do somethig better with their time.i'm not so much angry i just feel very sorry for those poor animals and even more so for the toffs,i wrote the song as a bit of a joke really as i was watching a documentary,i just thought it would be a great song to sing in an english country pub full of these people. hey nothing wrong with fishing,id love to go fishing-deep sea, but as i said if you intend on eating it it's a bit different, but i would probably be inclined to put it back too,as i dont mind eating it but i dont want to kill it and prepare it myself as i'm sqeemish. god if i had money i would buy me and my hubby a big boat.but no gun.

donna

great song

hate toffs, love foxes

So you'd rather see people killed than animals ? There is so much anger in your music, I'm glad you're venting with your guitar instead of "putting a bullet through someones head "...DC

Hi DLC,
So all you need is a boat for you and your Hubby?  I had a marriage proposal many years ago, from A musician i worked with! He loved boats! Wanted us to go to the States and settle their? But you know for me the chemistry wasnt their DLC!  He did go, and sold his boat business some years ago for several million dollars! Very successful, and delighted for him! But money cannot buy Chemistry? So I feel your ship has come in! While im still on the shore! lol.
Look up "Christy Moore singing the "Voyage"   It may not be your kind of music, but your passion will love the words! Its about a Couple Navigating Their Life like a Ship! "Beautiful". Or "Strange Boat " By "The Water Boys"  We Make the  Choices that steers our own lives!

{Rud Nacht Cluin Cluas Cha Ghluais Cridhe }
[That which the ear doesn't hear, cannot stir the heart}
   Slainte A Grá   {B}
"See you Soon! Stateside   boating Friend".

Old Doll.
Ps.  { I do not believe you would rather see people killed DLC ?}

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

9 (edited by D.L.C 2007-07-09 09:39:01)

ta for your messages,

of course i wouldn't want to see people killed. the song is a joke and yes the lyrics are angry but they need to be as no one listen's. I'm just saying this as it's been banned but they still feel they have the right to do whatever.when i sing this song it's not hate running through me it's laughter,laughter at the sheer audasity that i had the nerve to actually write it and so would just love to see the faces of these people if i sang it in front of them,then i would just say thank you for your time and smile. (And to eclipse917 - for goodness sake i dont want to see people killed but then again i dont want to see animals killed either. what makes the human species so special-intelligence in some ways but if we were that intelligent we wouldn't be killing for fun surely.also i wrote a song about a child dying to war after watching hotel rwanda,so i'm as much for humans as i am animals.why cant we let the poeple and animals be and let the planet evolve naturally.if you play the song in the chords iv'e done you can clearly hear that it's for fun as it's such a cheesy tune.go on try it make sure to sing the second line of the chorus in a posh english accent.oh and as i said i wouldn't have a gun.)

here's my little protest banner:
HEY STOP THE KILLING! dont step on that snail.(save planet earth.)they should have used this song as part of their appeal for the documentary. what do you think?

ok maybe not.

take care all. luv d.l.c x

Hey Donna - Until I read the other posts I didn't know what a toff was but I guess I got it now. In the states we have lots of hunters of all kinds but it is usually a working man's sport although some of the upper crust take to it as well. I tried it once before and it's not for me. I do agree that you should be able to write and sing about what you like, dislike or even don't care about.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi Donna,

I missed this when you first posted it as I was moving.

It is well constructed number and I had to smile whilst playing it as in my younger days I did a fair amount of shooting, although I am a working man and not a toff. However I must add that everthing I shot was for the table (except for the rats) and a lot of it was with a high powered air rifle not a shotgun, which called for stealth and accuracy.

As I grew older I came to disliked red meat and gave up hunting. I then progressed to shooting only paper targets and enjoyed the competition of trying to better my fellow club members as much if not more.

Good song, maybe a bit controversial, but I enjoyed it.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

thank you guys. I'm glad it made you smile. If you think about it lots of thngs in life are controversial, if we were all the same the world would be boring i spose.
A toff is a snob who thinks he's a cut above the rest of us because he has money,usually born into money kind a thing.i live in the country where in the village there are a few millionairs,they walk around with their nose up in the air as tho they're sniffing something out,then look down on those who they think are lower class than they are,they also wont allow a fish and chip shop to trade in the area as it brings the area down.can you get that-a chip shop surely the rich want a traditional english chippy dinner from time to time?. Any way not sure what you call this in america.
By the way i've just realised that on the 3rd line in the last verse it should have been snob,what can i say - my computer didn't sense the 's', never mind shall i leave it as it is or change it as thats quite harsh.

take care dx