Topic: Key?

Anyone know of any web page or program that chords can be entered into and it tells you the key the song is in?

Some songs seem to use nearly every chord going, no doubt this means there is a key change within the song but it often comes quick and fast (I'm thinking 'Kodachrome' by Paul Simon) how to decide a solo or fill to go with such tricky pieces?

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Re: Key?

Hi Cytania,

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_name.php

I have not looked for a while but  iam sure there is something on that site that allows you to type in the chords and it will tell you what key it is in, or it has the chords for different keys.

i.e G,C,A,D .... in the scale of G, or something like that.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

ok, ye got me thinking so i went in and looked. It is there under chord progressions

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

cytania, my love, there is a very good program, but it is no freeware, and the name is BAND IN A BOX. As they tell?! you can put any CD in your PC, you let the program do his work, and you should be able to find your song ripped in chords.
I had the same problem concerning a few songs (I am lucky to play along with a song very quick), but there are always songs, especially if written in difficult chords, this is also a fact why chordie is so great, because you can add, or better change chords, sometimes you'll find a song written entirely in chords like A#7, Db, while it is of course easier if written in more simple chords.
Even the fact that I am able to play at least 50 chords, don't mean that I will not try to make the song easier to play. For me the most important things, talking about guitar are:
- KNOW THE MELODY
- TRY TO PLAY FIRST THE SONG IF WRITTEN IN DIFFICULT CHORDS, IN MORE SIMPLE CHORDS, BY TRANSPOSING THEM, AND EVEN SKIP VERY SHORT CHORDS.
- ONCE YOU CAN PLAY THE SONG, THE DIFFICULT CHORDS WILL COME AUTOMATICLY.

That is how I try to work on a song, learn the song, and even perform the song later

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]