Topic: You've Captured My Heart

Here is a song I wrote a while back, but didn't post back then. For some reason I had this music on my mind this morning so I decided to share. I like it because it is short, uncomplicated, easy to relate to, and has a bit of variety in the music, and the way the lyrics are laid out. Here is a link to the scratch recording (https://soundcloud.com/jets60/youve-captured-my-heart) and the lyrics & chords are below. Feel free to give it a ride if you like.

You’ve Captured My Heart by Jeff Gilpin

August 6, 2013

Intro – finger picking in D

I haven’t a [G]clue what you see

When [G]you look at me

In fact my dear I really couldn’t care [D]less

Because when [D7]I look into your eyes

It’s [D7]always a big surprise

My guilty pleasure I must con[G]fess

I know [G7]others see it too

By the [G7]way they look at you

And the [C]appreciative looks I see their [Cm]eyes

[G]Now don’t get me wrong

Thought my [D]feelings are strong

My [Em]jealousy was finished from the [C]start

Because my [C]dear

It’s quite [D]clear

You’ve captured my [G]heart [D]

Bridge

[E]Now just let me say on those times you are away

[A]Thinking of you takes me to the moon

And our [D]endless days of living happily ever after

[G]Makes me hope and pray you’ll come back [D]home real soon

guitar solo chords [E] [A] [D] [G] [D] [D7]

I [G]can’t wait to see you more

But when you [D]knock on my door

Remember I’ve [Em]counted the days we’ve been a[C]part

Because my [C]dear

It’s crystal [D]clear

You’ve captured my [Em]heart

Yes my [C]dear

It’s really [D]clear

You know you’ve captured my [G]heart

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

2 (edited by Artie'splaying 2014-03-16 03:50:10)

Re: You've Captured My Heart

It reminds me of a song about someone who's been lucky enough to "marry up." That's definitely my situation--as my wife will tell you.  My favorite section of the song is that G   D   Em   C progression . . . simple, but it sounds so good.

Thanks Artie. Yep, and I am in a similar "married up" situation.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi Jeff,

It's been awhile for me to be on board as I have no net at home...I'm at work. I'll have a listen when it gets a little quieter here, meanwhile I really like the lyrics on this as I can relate to them bigtime. smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks Ken - Great seeing you back here too.

J  E  T  S

I just listened to the sound recording and it really is a sweet little song. Nicely done!

sweet little ditty there ken, you led me in totally the wrong direction. nice one.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

sounds good jets,I played it a little slower and finger picked it and it seems too sound a little better.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks Dino...I agree, but I just wanted to get something out so people could sync the words with the chords properly. I think lots of my songs sound better when played slower.

J  E  T  S