Re: Football post for 2014-2015

jerome.oneil wrote:

Man, bad day to be a Tampa Bay Bucaneer!

I don't think I've seen an NFL match-up that ugly before.

I stopped watching after halftime they pulled the starting QB out it was 40 something to nothing

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I live in the greater Tampa Bay area and am trying real hard to pull for the local teams. There was lots of promise going into this season with Lovie as the head coach and 40+ new players. Last night was about the worst display of football I have ever seen -glad I was able to go to bed at halftime down 35-0.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

53 (edited by dino48 2014-09-20 01:00:57)

Really sounds like a beatdown,topdown maybe you should go for the Dolphins, or the carolina Panthers they are good! may be a little far from you though. May be best too give the coach a couple of years too work on them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I know Jerome is happy today,Russell you and I are on the losing end.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

It looks like I will have to send a letter to the Pack's coach GET SOME RECIEVING HELP!!!

Russ we need too stop getting flags on almost all plays for stuped things they draw flags on,our couch needs to spend time just showing all the infractions they made.

Yeah I heard about the niners during halftime of the Seatttle Denver show.....  and yes, show was the intended word.  I had expected a good matchup and some serious football..... but seriously!  Hard fought on both sides of the field and the line.  Well worth the investment of time it took to sit on my arse and see every minute.  Including the overtime.

Congrats Hawks!

and Well Done Mr. Manning!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

Yeah I heard about the niners during halftime of the Seatttle Denver show.....  and yes, show was the intended word.  I had expected a good matchup and some serious football..... but seriously!  Hard fought on both sides of the field and the line.  Well worth the investment of time it took to sit on my arse and see every minute.  Including the overtime.

Congrats Hawks!

I have a feeling if Payton had called heads the Seahawks would not have seen the ball

dino48 wrote:

Yeah that was a great game with Denver.  Russell Wilson looked like (wait for it....) Peyton Manning out there!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Russell_Harding wrote:
Doug_Smith wrote:

Congrats Hawks!

I have a feeling if Payton had called heads the Seahawks would not have seen the ball

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he hopped.  smile

Alternately, if Denver's defense could have stopped Seattle, they would have seen the ball.

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Yeah that was a great game with Denver.  Russell Wilson looked like (wait for it....) Peyton Manning out there!

Ya but nobody does Omaha like Payton Manning,have any of you figured out why he says that so much during play time?

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Ya but nobody does Omaha like Payton Manning,have any of you figured out why he says that so much during play time?

Because Manning is basically an on-field offensive coordinator, and will audible a lot to respond to what he sees going on in the defense.   Omaha is just one of the ways he communicates the new call to the line.

jerome.oneil wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:
Doug_Smith wrote:

Congrats Hawks!

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he hopped.  smile

Alternately, if Denver's defense could have stopped Seattle, they would have seen the ball.

I didn't mean it in any derogatory sense both teams played there butts off considering the urgency Payton would have made use of the possession just as Russell Wilson did

49ers finely won one today!!,I watched the Packersbeat the bears also good game,cobb stepped things up on the recieving end and Nelson was there as usual. Hawks did not play today. Packers and Bears 189 games wow.

The Panthers got whipped pretty bad again today. I keep waiting for Cam and company to really step it up to the next level. I don't see that happening any time soon. But Steve Smith showed his old team how to get it done today.
                                                                                                                                         Dave

Seahawks on a bye (isn't early for the bye week?)   Lots of close ones out there in college land, though.  Florida State escaped with one.  Arkansas almost threw up the biggest upset in recent memory.  My Huskies looked pretty good in a loss against Stanford.

I watched the Mariners, though.  For the first time in a long time, a Seattle MLB team was relevant in September.   Had Oakland lost, it would have forced a one game playoff to determine who got to play in a one game playoff to go the the playoffs.    Seriously!

Sorry your Huskies lost Stanford is good at times. I think it is way too early for a bye week.

How about them Packers !!!    Did the Vikings even show up?

Bet Russell's feeling better tonight..... kinda like Seattle after a home game.

Doug_Smith wrote:

How about them Packers !!!    Did the Vikings even show up?

Bet Russell's feeling better tonight..... kinda like Seattle after a home game.

YUP!! lol

I shut the game off after the 3rd quarter it was 42 to 0. The Packers looked great last night. I think some hi school team stole the Vikings uniforms and played for them.

71 (edited by dino48 2014-10-05 00:27:08)

Stanford got beat by Norte Dame today ( in the last min. ). Jerome how did your huskies do?

Well there ya go Dino..... Chalk another one up for the Niners!!

The Huskies didn't play this weekend.   They have Cal next Saturday though, and that should be a good game.

However, I will say that categorically, this was the greatest college football weekend I have ever seen.   Upsets everywhere.   

The Ducks got beat by Arizona.  That alone makes me happy.   But *4* (Four) 4!!!!! other top 10 teams got beat this weekend, too.  Lane Kiffen's incompetence was well on display as his Alabama offense managed 17 points against Ole Miss.    Oklahoma lost a close one against TCU.   Mississippi State outscored Texas A&M (no small feat) and UCLA lost to Utah.   BYU (18) got beat by unranked Utah State.  Which makes one wonder, what is up with Utah football teams these days?      Additionally. Coach Mediocre rose to his standard level of "meh" again as USC got beat by AZ State (what is up with Arizona teams, too?).   Wisconsin (17) lost to Northwestern.   

It was awesome.   It almost makes me miss the BCS, just because this is the kind of weekend that would cause their computer to melt down, the media to break out in tears (and probably declare VA Tech #1) and have *everyone* crying about who the #2 team is.   It is the kind of weekend that screams for an 8 team playoff.

Seahawks vs Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Peoples  tonight.   I do not see it ending well for the Peoples, but they have some strengths they can use where the 'Hawks are weak.  And it is the NFL, so nothing is guaranteed.

74 (edited by dino48 2014-10-07 00:41:10)

Doug_Smith wrote:

Well there ya go Dino..... Chalk another one up for the Niners!!

Ya we had to really fight for the win,alot of the teams are getting better,I am going too wach the seahawks tonight I think they will win against the redskins. Jerome looks like your huskies will have agood game.The seahawks already scored a touchdown.

Well Jerome, you called that one for sure..... but with the "Peoples'" record not much of a surprise.  But if the Hawks had lost..... Honor would have dictated that we all fall on our own pizza-cutters out of shame.