Topic: Chord Shapes

Chord shapes are covered by Five Popular Songs box. Need to move one or the other.

Re: Chord Shapes

Could be a resolution issue. A larger boxes in lower resolution settings and/or smaller monitors/screens will sometimes stacks stuff on top in crowded screen views. What are you viewing on and what is your res?

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

1366x768  Mac Air

Absolutely love Chordie. Thanks...........................Gerry.

Are there barre chords on Chordie? I can't find a link anywhere. If not can someone tell me where I can find barre chord forms. Thank you. knarfc

6 (edited by Doug_Smith 2014-12-25 00:09:32)

Howdy knarfc and Welcome to Chordie!

Well they are there in the chord charts here on chordie.... just not marked clearly and you have to click on the chord to see the alternative fingerings.

Many first position shapes are moveable using a barre, but you have to get used to leaving your index finger free to barre with.... good form, but not as easy as it sounds.  Try this link for a clear picture and some charts to assist:   http://guitarchordsworld.com/bar-chords

Also you might check out justinguitar.com as he has some very good video tutorials (free on youtube) that will get you up to speed quickly.

Thanks for joining the best guitar site on the web (no conceit around here!) and we look forward to hearing from you often as you enjoy the Journey!

Welcome Aboard and Happy Holidays,

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

7 (edited by Doug_Smith 2015-01-21 07:35:33)

I'm bumping this one up because of the original post in the thread.  Top 5 songs covering chord charts.

Have not been visiting the songs pages for a few days now and just today I noticed that issue is back.  Don't know what changed, but we might be hearing about it and thought I'd call attention to it.

Doesn't bother me particularly (I already know most of my chords etc.) but perhaps it bears investigation.

Doug

*edited to add:  Ubuntu 14.04LTS, 1280X1024 Res, Firefox Latest version (upgraded < 5 days ago ver: 35), Ad Block Plus & Ghostery.

Not just me then?
I have to zoom to 250% before I can see the chord shapes and then the lyrics are too big to fit on screen.

"5 popular songs" popup also blocks chords, and I'm using the most current Google version. sad

I was fooling around with my settings and discovered something..... If I disable adblock on the page and reload, an ad appears at the top margin of the page, which moves the music down below the "5 songs" frame revealing the chord grids again.  So, what we are seeing is likely related to the page layout and it's relation to the ad blocking extension.

Don't know if that is helpful, but it might just come down to putting up with the ads and seeing the grids, or no ads and obstructed grids.  On my PC, a center mouse click on the ABP icon toggles the two.

Doug what is real strange is it different on most songs.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman