1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2014-11-18 07:22:44)

Topic: Gibson memory cable

I got me one of these today I do practice a lot and a lot of good ideas are lost or just riffs so I picked this up its a 6GB memory device that records several hours of just jamming out, I find that sometimes I hit a good idea that I like but by the time I turn on my recorder I forget it and its lost,  not anymore just jam to your hearts delight and plug it into your recorder when done it will transfer everything you played. very cool smile
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ … c793f9350d

They sell for around $99.00 just click on the photo it will enlarge

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Gibson memory cable

Cool Russell, I think we looked at them earlier in the recording section.  So you pulled the trigger!  Well I thought they were neat, but wish they'd built it with a male and female jack only, and in a module that you could just plug into your guitar and use stand alone (on an AE) without dragging all the cable around.  Then you could use your own cable if needed in whatever length you like with or without an amp.

Let us know how you like it and particulars like battery life etc..  Review Please for others that might be considering.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

Cool Russell, I think we looked at them earlier in the recording section.  So you pulled the trigger!  Well I thought they were neat, but wish they'd built it with a male and female jack only, and in a module that you could just plug into your guitar and use stand alone (on an AE) without dragging all the cable around.  Then you could use your own cable if needed in whatever length you like with or without an amp.

Let us know how you like it and particulars like battery life etc..  Review Please for others that might be considering.

Doug they make male female adapters I have a few there not that expensive either what is nice about this is it is so portable that in summer you can go to your favorite spot and play your acoustic electric and save the good ideas. I will give an assessment. I did look for this topic but missed it had to google it I seriously considered this option the other day when I was jamming and played a cool idea but forgot it and at the time was just plain tired after so I didn't record it and it was lost. keep ya posted smile

Russell that's the cable I put a post up awile back it was featured in popular science. I think it is a great idea glad you got one.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Russell that's the cable I put a post up awile back it was featured in popular science. I think it is a great idea glad you got one.

Thanks dino I was thinking about it but could not remember what forum it was in it is on its way from Sweetwater smile

Does that bad boy turn on and off automatically or once you stop playing does it produce a lot of empty space?

Baldguitardude wrote:

Does that bad boy turn on and off automatically or once you stop playing does it produce a lot of empty space?

I am not sure I will go back to the link and take a peek I am thinking there must be an on and off but I will check it

BGD Here is the scoop on the memory cable it has a on off there is a lot of info if you scroll down
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ … AqSi8P8HAQ

I put together a video of the Gibson Memory cable and described what I use it for, as well as some of the features. The background music was recorded with the cable and edited in one of my video software programs to splice several separate impromptu jams to sum it up "I like it" smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=646wH7sjXLg

That's pretty cool Russell. I've been in the same situation and couldn't remember how I played something.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

That's pretty cool Russell. I've been in the same situation and couldn't remember how I played something.

Pete I have lost countless ideas because I forgot them by the time I powered up the recorder, it has nothing to do with age just the subtle nuances in a chord change make a huge difference in the overall feel of the progression but I know I am preaching to the choir lol

Thats a great tool Russell,thanks for giving us the lowdown on it. I read about it but this was more informative.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino it is a lot of fun to play with new toys I uploaded the memory and just jammed some blues to it with my new Les Paul nothing to fancy it just aint the same without a band to play with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo7msniWu0s

That was fantastic Russell,the Gibson is great with you playing some good blues on it. Looks like the cable is a great tool.

dino48 wrote:

That was fantastic Russell,the Gibson is great with you playing some good blues on it. Looks like the cable is a great tool.

Thanks dino yes the cable is a great tool no more lost melodies, they are like shooting stars appearing only briefly and gone unless you can save them

16 (edited by dino48 2014-11-22 01:27:09)

Russell popular science covers alot of new goodies the put on guitars and and other insterments,it will let the forum know if I see anymore. They also have alot of fun and cheap projects you can do at home.

dino48 wrote:

Russell popular science covers alot of new goodies the put on guitars and and other insterments,it will let the forum know if I see anymore. They also have alot of fun and cheap projects you can do at home.

dino in winter a lot of people stay home and get into projects I'm one lol

18 (edited by dino48 2014-11-22 02:21:18)

I know I would be I do not like snow or real cold weather if I lived in you area. I would go out too see the GREEN BAY PACKERS though.

Sounds good to me Russell.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.