Topic: Chords at the end of lines

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like lately 90% of all the songs I look up have the chords just thrown in at the end of each line instead of in the normal format above the words.
What is going on?

Re: Chords at the end of lines

All the songs I have looked at are OK. Please give examples of the songs that are troublesome.

Have you changed anything with your computer lately, for example new PC/laptop, new Operating system or changed resolution setting?

You could try clearing your cookies as that sometimes helps get rid of gremlins in the system.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

3 (edited by dino48 2014-12-24 20:29:29)

Hi kdlogan,some of us had this problem awile back,I went back too where I choose my insterment and pressed the guitar button a few times and it brought back the chords.it also brought them back too several other members. (go too resources and too settings)

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

They are not all like that.  It just seems like all of a sudden I noticed a lot (obviously a lot of Christmas stuff) have a high probability of being that way.  The chord pro format looks the same so it's probably just the way it is.  For instance...

O come, all ye faithful. Joyful and triumphant, [G D, GDG Am G D]
O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem. [Em] [D] [A] [D] [G6] [D] [G] [D] [A7] [D] [D7]
Come and behold Him, [G] [D7] [G] [D7] [G]
born the King of angels: [D] [G] [Em] [Am] [D]

If we look at this version of the carol: http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.r … e-faithful
and press the chopro button you will see this:

[G]O come, all ye [D]faithful. [G]Joy-[D]ful [G]and [Am]tri-[G]um-[D]phant,
[Em]O come [D]ye, [A]O [D]come ye [G]to [D]Be-[A7]th-[D]lehem.
[G]Come [D7]and [G]be[D7]hold [G]Him,
[D]born [G]the [Em]King [Am]of [D]angels:

[G]O come [D]let [G]us [D7]a[G]dore Him,     
[G]O come [D]let [G]us [D7]a[G]dore [D]Him,   
[G]O [Am]come [G]let [Am]us [A7]a[D]dore [G]Hi-[Am]m,       
[G]Chri-[D7]st [G]the [G]Lord.

It is written with the chords in the place they appear in the song and when the proper formatting is added it should look like this:

O Come All Ye FaithfulToby Keith

[G]O come, all ye [D]faithful. [G]Joy-[D]ful [G]and [Am]tri-[G]um-[D]phant,

[Em]O come [D]ye, [A]O [D]come ye [G]to [D]Be-[A7]th-[D]lehem.

[G]Come [D7]and [G]be[D7]hold [G]Him,

[D]born [G]the [Em]King [Am]of [D]angels:

[G]O come [D]let [G]us [D7]a[G]dore Him,

[G]O come [D]let [G]us [D7]a[G]dore [D]Him,

[G]O [Am]come [G]let [Am]us [A7]a[D]dore [G]Hi-[Am]m,

[G]Chri-[D7]st [G]the [G]Lord.

So pressing the chopro button will show you where the chords should be and if it is any different when you look at the normally formatted version something at your end is preventing it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

is there a way to have the frets and finger position to the side corresponding with the name of the chord above the words.  So far even the chords at the very bottom aren't showiing up, how can I accomplish this? thanks new to chordie.

lornaspicer wrote:

is there a way to have the frets and finger position to the side corresponding with the name of the chord above the words.  So far even the chords at the very bottom aren't showiing up, how can I accomplish this? thanks new to chordie.

Welcome to Chordie!

I kinda thought someone might have a better answer than I for your question, so I didn't respond earlier.  Pretty much what Roger posted above is what you have to work with.  As for getting the grids to display above the lyrics (instead of just the chord name), I don't have an answer.  The chopro formatting software is beyond my expertise so far as what it's capable of.  If you are having trouble deciphering the grids, you might PM me and I could direct you to some tutorials that might be helpful.

As for the grids not displaying, a little more info would be helpful. Such as the device you use, operating system and browser.  You might be able to adjust your preferences or screen resolution to display more "real-estate" so they will be available on the page.

Welcome to Chordie! & Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare