1 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-03-28 13:43:17)

Topic: Someday Has Never Come

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Someday Has Never Come

I gotta tell ya, that is top shelf stuff right there! Very, very nice! Hope to hear you play it for us soon.

I like it,hope we see it on video.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good song cant wait to give it a go

sweet playing song...i like it.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I like and can relate to the lyrics a lot...need to get home and give it a ride.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

just  played  this  through  its  great .

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-01-23 23:35:51)

D, G and Am????

Hand me down my Tak'!!! I think I could handle that one! And I agree with Dino; Please YouTube it for us, TIGLJK!

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Thank you all for your kind words of support.  This is a link to soundcloud where you can hear my song.  I apologize for the singing and playing, I'm not very good. I do think the lyrics are very full of emotion however. It's funny- in my mind, when I play it and just sing inside my head, it sounds so beautiful, I can see the story unfold right in front of me but when I actually sing it, it well.... it loses some of it's abilities to move me... you'll hear smile

If any Chordians with a good voice want to cover and inject their own slant or interpretation, please have a go at it and send me a copy ! 

Thanks again !
Jim

https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/someday-h … ome-jk2015

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I'll give  it  a go  Jim I'm doing  a gig  for the  homeless  on Feb 7th in Blackburn  ,If  thats  ok  with  you I''l put  it  into  my  set

That would be awesome

This  is  my  take  on it  Jim  if  you dont  like  it  I'll delete  it  from You tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy48dBJwqQQ

Graham,
That is awesome -  the perfect voice for that song !! Great guitar playing as well. You embodied it perfectly with emotion.  Thank you so much !!

Jim

14 (edited by dino48 2015-01-25 19:42:35)

Graham you sounded good,and tigs is good also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks Jim /dino

Hey guys and girls.....

Just wanted to let you know I re-worked this song......   it had been bothering me.
I had always intended it to be named Country Music Lay Me Down. I woke up this morning about 5 am and had this other verse in my head, and so I modified the arrangement of the chorus trying to reflect my feelings. 

I hope you think it was an improvement as I do.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Jim I played this  last night at our folk club to a full house and got a great response  well done for writing such a great song

Thank you so much for playing it ! I am glad they liked it.    You do such a great rendition.

Thanks again Graham

19 (edited by easybeat 2015-03-28 21:13:24)

Gidday

Yeah two really good versions.
I usually apologise for my singing & playing.
But i think if it a genuine version that means something to you
you just gotta say here it is, i gave it my best shot.
i enjoyed doing it, if you enjoy it too.....  Bonus!

You`re a lucky guy that it got covered,the ultimate.

The King Of Audio Torture

20 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-03-27 23:50:59)

Thanks Brian

I feel so blessed to have discovered Chordie - so many great people here!

I listened to your song Life of Reilly - very impressive !!  I liked it very much. ( I have some Irish DNA in my family)
I see you are from New Zealand - and ironically one of my good friends just flew there  for a animal expedition / environmental study - he works for New York State Dept of Conservation.

I like to play and enjoy the time so much, but really - my singing is really bad - so I am vocally dependent of covers by good men like Phill and Graham. ( and Phill is super good at playing- what a bonus)  I also enjoy all the conversations, so interesting, knowledgeable and topically diverse.  My time on Chordie increases every day! smile

Thanks again !!
Jim

i`ll keep an eye out for your friend.

The King Of Audio Torture