Topic: Edited or changed songs in my songbook.

When you move a song into My Songbook, sometimes you wish to go into the edit mode provided, and change a word or move a chord to another word.  You then save the changed/edited song back into you personal songbook.

I just finished moving some chords around, saved them, then printed a .PDF to my computer HD and today, when I go back to My Songbook and look at the song, it has reverted back to the original Chordie version.

Do I misunderstand how the system is supposed to work or is this a system error?

Jerry

Re: Edited or changed songs in my songbook.

Hi Jerry,  check your e-mail.

It is supposed to keep your edits, but saving to your local drive is the best way to preserve them.  Things happen and sometimes songs that you used to be able to access, are removed on request or??

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

..... saving to your local drive is the best way to preserve them.....

Doug,

Thanks for the swift response.

I do not know how to save to my drive.  From within my browser(Firefox), I see the ability to save the page but not another save.  From within Chordie, is there a place to save to my HD?

Jerry

Well Jerry,  You already know how.... Choose "print to file" instead of your default printer, and it will "save the file" on your drive in whatever folder you choose.  I usually just name the file with the title of the song and put it in a folder "sheet music" in "my music" (assuming you are using a windows PC) make sure you select .PDF as the filetype and you can easily make multipage PDF documents with your own custom set list.  Re-order the pages etc. and have them to either print hard copies or scroll through on your laptop or other device.  You also have the ability to add comments at the start of each song with effects settings and such to make it easier to replicate that sound next time.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare