Re: Strummer Bill

Hi Bill and Dondra I hope things are improving sounds like it!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

So glad that Dondra is home and got to sleep in her own bed.  That's medicine for the spirit right there. 

You all get some good sleep and hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Pleased with the updates Bill !!

Give Dondra a big Chordie Hug, and y'all rest up & Take Care;

Doug & Janet

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

Pleased with the updates Bill !!

Give Dondra a big Chordie Hug, and y'all rest up & Take Care;

Doug & Janet

Doug and Janet

I wish I could sleep, but I have to keep an "ear" out should my wife need me. Tomorrow our son will be on the watch.

I know this sounds excessive, and I don't mean for this to be all about me, but I couldn't stand to lose her again. Not after the second time being married to her and having found my love again.

I have something to tell you (if I've never told you before). Your sig line always reminds me of Nigel Tufnel's quote.

"You can't really dust for vomit, can you?"

Always keeping my sense of humor, I am,

Your friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

55 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-24 02:44:45)

Zurf wrote:

So glad that Dondra is home and got to sleep in her own bed.  That's medicine for the spirit right there. 

You all get some good sleep and hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day.

Zurf,

We can't pick up the latest song, buddy. Still getting that message even though I joined drop box. Sorry!

Bill

PS: How you comin' on "Happy Boy", my friend? "Hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba"? No rush, but she sure would like your version of it. There's you a CHALLENGE my friend! smile

Your Pal

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill, the line comes from Hamlet, 2nd act.

What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason!
how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how
express and admirable! in action how like an angel!
in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the
world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me,
what is this quintessence of dust?

To me it just means that no matter how great we are or want to be, in the end all that will remain is the dust of our bones to mark our existence.  The goal then is to do something worth remembering with the time we have.

Oh, I know that, and I am sorry if you took offense. I am just a fan of the Mockumentary "Spinal Tap", wherein the quote was used.

I just have a crazy sense of humor.

Apologies.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

We can't pick up the latest song, buddy. Still getting that message even though I joined drop box. Sorry!
l

Haven't started Happy Boy. It takes me a long while to learn a new song. And also I thought that request was to Dirty Ed.

I'll diddle with the settings this evening. Now that I've got the recording working better, I'm enjoying it and will be using that folder to record and share for constructive criticism.

How'd the night go? Everything stay OK?

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Oh, I know that, and I am sorry if you took offense. I am just a fan of the Mockumentary "Spinal Tap", wherein the quote was used.

I just have a crazy sense of humor.

Apologies.

Bill

Bill, not necessary, I took it in the humour you intended.  Just thought that I would post the exerpt for those unfamiliar with the quote.

You and the Missus doin OK?

Don't over-stress and keep smiling!

Your Friend;
Doug

Doug and Zurf

We're both doing great today, and Dondra's heart rhythm and blood pressure have been under control since we've gotten home. Last blood pressure reading was 162/73, and that's WONDERFUL for her. smile

Zurf, please overlook my dumbness about "Happy Boy". I didn't mean you had to rush right along and learn it. I'm not thinking too clearly right now after the whole last week and a half. So please, please, PLEASE excuse me if it came across that way. I've just been trying to keep everyone here at "Casa Craig" in good spirits by playing all these tunes y'all have done for my Dondra.

I know I have more people to thank, so I am going through all the posts to make sure I haven't forgotten anyone. If I have forgotten someone, please excuse me. I hope you all know how precious you are to us and how grateful we are for being with us throughout this whole ordeal.

We send our thanks and love,

Bill and Dondra Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

TIGLJK wrote:

Bill and Dondra

When you're all cried out, you've endured just about every pain imaginable to the soul and body, and you feel like all the strength in you has withered away to the point that quitting makes perfect sense......... but for some reason, you don't...............

it is then, that you know that the love you have for each other  is very real, you know that the friends that continue to support you  and offer hope as well as their prayers will always continue, and somehow you will find the courage and the path to overcome your sufferings, and to see the sunrise of another day and enjoy the love and happiness that ensues.

Wishing you and your wife  peace, strength, and love on the way to recovery.

Jim

This is one of the most beautiful passages of prose I have ever read. Thank you, Jim.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

B & D

It's 20 til midnight and I'm just home from work. I've got to do some work at the range in the morning, so I'll diddle with settings and maybe get another song or two recorded for the lovely Ms. Dondra.

- Zurf

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

My answer to what was sent to us:
==========================================
Hey Amy

I had to get her up and sit her in my office chair and told her what she was about to hear would be the sweetest voice in the world and coming from the sweetest lady musician I know. She listened to both, enjoyed the little wave, all the smiles and we hugged and cried a little during "Bobby McGhee". When I learned it, I sang it for her playing my Jasmine, but couldn't get the notes you reached. wink

Thank you so much for the time and the lovin of us both.

Bill and Dondra.
==========================================

I will leave it to our Amy to share this with the rest of you, but we both think she should favor us ALL with those two precious tunes.

Bill

OH GOOD LORD, I MADE YOU CRY?  It was that terrible?
  Just kidding, just kidding!

No way Jose, I'm very picky about what I put online for the whole world to see/hear.  Now, this doesn't mean that I haven't put stuff up that clearly has mistakes in it - but, for example, the one song had a few little boo boos that could easily be fixed with a second take - and the background in the videos isn't the best.  And, the video quality itself sucks (I can get better quality with my actual camera or my recording device).  So, those were just my very very QUICK versions!  smile  Like I said - pretending ya'll stopped by and so I played for ya in what I happened to be wearing at the time, all mistakes included!  ha ha!

I will record those at some point though, in a better format for public consumption.  I'm just glad Dondra is enjoying the music we're sending along to her.  It sucks that the family nearby can't come up with SOMETHING that they could do to help, or at least stop in to say hi.  Geez, a nice casserole could come in handy right about now I bet.  Get that son of yours in the kitchen with Dondra's recipe book!  Or - call for delivery and all of you rest up a little more. 

Thinking of you!

Amy & Jim

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Well, she started it!!!!!

wink

Yeah, she was sitting there listening and when you went into "Bobby McGhee" you must've tugged on those heartstrings a little too hard, Ms. Amy, cause as you were getting into the la-la-la-lala's I felt a little wet cheek while hugging her from behind.

We've always been that way, though. What affects one of us, affects the other. She gets emotional, I get emotional. She starts a sentence, I finish it. A combined 23 years (we were friends even during the divorce years) will do that to ya, I reckon.

But this has been a first for the both of us: People whom we have never even met putting themselves aside, writing/singing us their music, helping us through with their words of encouragement. We know to appreciate that, Amy and Friends. We really do.

Thank you so much and we send our love to every one of you!

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

65 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-29 21:56:06)

Dear Chordie Family

I'm just finished reviewing all the "Songs For Dondra" posts to see if I've forgotten to thank anyone. I don't want to leave anyone out, but because of my CRS, I'm afraid I may have. sad

If this is the case and you're still speaking to me...... smile........ please tell me, okay? We're not normally "worry-warts", but your responses to her while she was laid up in the hospital, were very nice and caring and if that happened we want to make sure to correct it.

One thing: If I didn't post a "thank you" here, you may have one on YouTube, Soundcloud or Dropbox.

If all is well, then we thank you once again.

"OCD" Bill and She Who Must Be Obeyed. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Zurf wrote:

B & D

It's 20 til midnight and I'm just home from work. I've got to do some work at the range in the morning, so I'll diddle with settings and maybe get another song or two recorded for the lovely Ms. Dondra.

- Zurf

Diddle with the settings. I've never heard it called that buddy, but I'm going to use it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'm reposting this one last time just in case someone didn't see it and because we don't want to leave anyone out and then, since all is well for the time being, let's say "goodbye" to this thread.... smile

Dear Chordie Family

I'm just finished reviewing all the "Songs For Dondra" posts to see if I've forgotten to thank anyone. I don't want to leave anyone out, but because of my CRS, I'm afraid I may have. sad

If this is the case and you're still speaking to me...... smile........ please tell me, okay? We're not normally "worry-warts", but your responses to her while she was laid up in the hospital, were very nice and caring and if that happened we want to make sure to correct it.

One thing: If I didn't post a "thank you" here, you may have one on YouTube, Soundcloud or Dropbox.

If all is well, then we thank you once again.

"OCD" Bill and She Who Must Be Obeyed. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

This thread is now closed per Bills request that we say goodbye to it.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.