1 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-04-30 10:49:40)

Topic: Angels In Your Room - A song for anyone with struggles of any kind.

I guess you would have to believe in Angels and Miracles for this song to make sense.
I couldn't help but think as I wrote this, of parents with afflicted children, or Bill and Dondra in the hospital all those days - and how  lives  get tested every day.
Hope you like it.

here is the soundcloud link to it.  https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/angels-in-your-room-jk

[Song]
{t: Angels In Your Room}

[G]There’s angels in the [C]room , do you know [G]why
[G] Seems  they’re here [C] watching over [D] me
[G]There’s angels in the [C]room , so I won’t   [G]cry
[G]  keep’in me from what [D7]only they can[G] see

[G]There’s angels in the [C]room , oh can’t you [G]feel ’em
[G]There’s one  sitting [C]   right here  on my [D]bed
[G]There’s angels in the [C]room , can’t you [G] see’em
[G]There’s one with his[D7] hand upon my [G]head

Chorus
[C]Sometimes in life you need  help to get you [G] through
With [C] faith and love  tested like never be [G]fore
When [C]hope and trust  are replaced by gloom and [G]doom    
[G]That’s when you’ll find those[D7] angels in your[G] room
[G]That’s when you’ll see those[D7] angels in your[G] room
[G]That’s when you’ll feel those[D7] angels in your[G] room

[G]There’s angels in the [C]room ,  they never go [G]away
[G] singing  songs  that [C]make me feel  at  [D] home
[G]There’s angels in the [C]room , so I’m not  [G]afraid
[G]They touch my heart so I’m [D7]never, ever  a[G]lone.

Chorus
[C]Sometimes in life you need  help to get you [G] through
With [C] faith and love  tested like never be [G]fore
When [C]hope and trust  are replaced by gloom and [G]doom    
[G]That’s when you’ll find those[D7] angels in your[G] room
[G]That’s when you’ll see those[D7] angels in your[G] room
[G]That’s when you’ll feel those[D7] angels in your[G] room

[/Song]

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Angels In Your Room - A song for anyone with struggles of any kind.

I like it tig!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I love the simplicity of the song, just a voice and a guitar. Perhaps a bit of mouth organ between verses wouldn't go amiss. Doesn't matter wether you can play one or not. It never stopped Dylan. Nice work TIG.

Thick as two short planks

Jim  reading your lyrics and listening to you on soundcloud was very much like a eureka moment. Your song perfectly tells it about Angels. Your voice and playing fitted together like a hand in glove. As you know I love your songwriting, this one is extra special.

Here's a Chordie Rendered version for you:  http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/sites … oom.chopro

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thank you AMY !!! smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

You're very welcome... However, I should warn you that I'm fiddling with this song tonight and may just butcher it on the guitar a little.  Nice write, simple yet poingient. Thanks Jim!

Amy-

Must 've been angels in the room - I was sooo hoping you were going to do that. 
Cant wait to hear you sing it.

Jim smile   smile   smile

Jim, fantastic, I absolutely love this one.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

10 (edited by beamer 2016-05-01 08:34:50)

Jim I wanted to give it a go.     https://soundcloud.com/beamer326/angels-in-your-room

I added to the ending also.  I should have turned up the vocals but still finding sweet spot for live mix between vocal and guitar amps.  Went for a Pink Floyd  feel but dont know if I managed it.    hope you like it.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Scott

Very nice !
Last ending you added.... a little hard to catch the words...
but I think it was 
"so close your eyes, everything will be alright,    there's angels in the room"

It fit nicely.
Thanks for the cover !
It did have that Pink Floyd feel - very unique. smile

Jim

I'll probably  're do it today.  It was about midnight  doing this.
Thank you I hoped you would like it

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Ok,  it's not quite like your recording, Jim, or like Scott's.  However, it's done!  It's been fun, as I really haven't recorded anything in quite some time.  I hope I didn't butcher your original feel too much, I don't have that "Dylan" vibe you two do!  wink 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so … D=13368187

14 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-05-03 01:44:12)

Wow Amy  that really worked well with your voice and playing up there with Joan Baez. Take a bow you got the audience hanging onto every word and lovely guitar. Love to hear you doing it on soundcloud also.   Beamers one was good it just needed the vocals to be a bit louder.

Amy

You were wonderful - it' was like I was listening to Jewel or Joan Baez.
Why you don't post like a million songs is beyond me - you are a wickedly ( in a good way)  gifted singer !
Thanks for the cover.
Jim

Another successful collaboration! Well written TIG, and well performed MKM.

Gidday all
This is brilliant,many chordians doing covers.
Please keep them coming i think it`s really exciting.
I guess lots of u guitarists have never had a crack at covering `an original`
Let me encourage u to have a go,sometimes an average guitarist finds they are a brilliant arranger
or have a talent for putting their signature on a song.Or put some chords to a poem.
Phill williams covered one of my songs once,it was so encouraging it kept me writing.
Have a go!
Hey baby spread the love

The King Of Audio Torture

easybeat wrote:

Gidday all
This is brilliant,many chordians doing covers.
Please keep them coming i think it`s really exciting.
I guess lots of u guitarists have never had a crack at covering `an original`
Let me encourage u to have a go,sometimes an average guitarist finds they are a brilliant arranger
or have a talent for putting their signature on a song.Or put some chords to a poem.
Phill williams covered one of my songs once,it was so encouraging it kept me writing.
Have a go!
Hey baby spread the love

I love the way a song can be taken to some where else after it is writen. Joe Cocker covers of Beatle songs is a example that comes to mind. Good on those chordians who do covers .  It makes it exciting especialy when the person adds their own special touch.

I like covering  originals by "unfamous " people,, that way no one can tell your playing it wrong! LOLOLOL

Thanks for the Kudos guys - I'm just glad I didn't ruin it!  wink  Jim is a great writer, and his lyrics always speak.  I've been meaning to try out one of his songs for a while and am glad I was finally able to do so. 

You're right EB - I haven't really tried covering other people's originals too much.  I guess in my mind, I don't want to ruin their song from where they heard it originally in their head!  I do recall one of the last songs I wrote had a lot of attention and was covered by a few others.  It WAS encouraging.  So, perhaps I'll try it again!  wink

I'm with you Scott, there is a bonus to covering songs others have written that no one has heard before!  Much like doing your own songs... no one knows how it "should" sound!  Interesting that you amped it up while I toned it down with more of a natural sounding "room reverb".  (of course, I tend to change every song I play so they don't sound like they "should" ha ha).

FYI - to anyone that wishes to play along with my recording, I had the capo on the 1st fret.

beamer wrote:

I like covering  originals by "unfamous " people,, that way no one can tell your playing it wrong! LOLOLOL

Years ago I tried to find songs that few people had ever heard so that folks that heard me wouldn't know how bad I played and sang covers. It didn't work because invariably there would be someone who had heard the song.  So then I began writing my own songs and telling folks that a friend of mine named D.E. Howard had wrote the song (my long-time nickname "Dirty Ed" coupled with my middle name Howard - kinda sounds like an author ....).  Finally after a few years I finally owned up to being the writer of the songs I sing, good or bad.  I have to admit it is a thrill for someone to ask if I mind them covering a song I've written.  I was pulling into a campground in Kentucky several years ago and heard someone playing one of my songs around a fire.  I stopped my truck and listened before pulling in to my camp site - words can't describe how awesome the experience was.

Excellent song Jim and fantastic cover Amy.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Thank you everyone for your kind words and to Scott, Amy and Phill ( which will be posted as well soon) who all did beautiful covers, each in their own way - and all so very cool.

This is a link to the TV commercial I watched the night before I wrote this song, and what I was thinking of as I wrote it.

Angels are just people sometimes I believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PVeOq60GcA

Thanks again
Jim

TIGLJK wrote:

Thank you everyone for your kind words and to Scott, Amy and Phill ( which will be posted as well soon) who all did beautiful covers, each in their own way - and all so very cool.

This is a link to the TV commercial I watched the night before I wrote this song, and what I was thinking of as I wrote it.

Angels are just people sometimes I believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PVeOq60GcA

Thanks again
Jim

They are indeed Jim - see, now you got ME getting all teary eyed!  I'm excited to hear Phill's version now too!!!!!

Beamer .................. had a listen, well done, a haunting version of Jim`s song.  I left a comment on your sound cloud (kiki Jan) in case you didn't realize that`s me.

mekidsmom ..........................Wow, wow, wow!!! fantastic take on Jim`s great song!  Love what you have done with it.  Don`t think i am going to put my version out now after hearing your one!, i was so impressed with it!  Sorry can`t comment on your sound click as i am not a member of that.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Jandle
Lets hear your version,it`s not about who`s best!
any version is a good version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The King Of Audio Torture