Topic: Use to love this site...not anymore!

Due to circumstances, I have not used Chordie for a couple of yrs. I used to love to search songs, download in my own Songbook app! Done. It was awesome. Now your website SUCKS! Useless info, ads non stop, bunch of BS!
You should have stuck with the KISS principle, Keep It Simple Stupid!

Re: Use to love this site...not anymore!

another happy customer, someone who just wants to use the site without putting anything in! you may notice that this is his/her first post in the 3 years of membership.

reminds me of that abba song....gimme, gimme, gimme

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

qazzz wrote:

Due to circumstances, I have not used Chordie for a couple of yrs. I used to love to search songs, download in my own Songbook app! Done. It was awesome. Now your website SUCKS! Useless info, ads non stop, bunch of BS!
You should have stuck with the KISS principle, Keep It Simple Stupid!

Don't let the door hit you on ur way out

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

because I used to love you but its all over now

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Breaking up is hard to do.

If the phone doesn't ring, it's me

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

i love all these quotes but this one the best.

my boss had a good one it said "everyone that comes in here raises a smile, some on the way in, some on the way out" bye bye love

Phill Williams wrote:
topdown wrote:

i love all these quotes but this one the best.

my boss had a good one it said "everyone that comes in here raises a smile, some on the way in, some on the way out" bye bye love

I can't take credit -It's a Jimmy Buffet song     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwsG3PyGvL0

A great break-up song. What's your favorite?

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

You probably think Shemp is funnier than Curly too. May your E string break and you don`t have any spares.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

You probably think Shemp is funnier than Curly too. May your E string break and you don`t have any spares.

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_3838.gif

qazzz wrote:

Now your website SUCKS! Useless info, ads non stop, bunch of BS!

Stranger ones have come by here,   before..... they flew  away.

Garcia/Hunter

11 (edited by Doug_Smith 2016-07-26 03:12:48)

Ya know when Windows 10 decided to install itself on my PC (One of them), I didn't like that it didn't work the same way my ol' reliable W7 did.  So I wrote Bill Gates and pitched a little fit about how nothing was working and it was a pain to use, and I couldn't see my file tree and where the heck does it decide to put stuff I try to save etc..  Ya know what kind of response I got....?   Yup something like this.

Now if I'd phrased it in the form of a specific question. some helpful soul might have come along and guided me through the difficult transition period..... just sayin'.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks for this, Doug ...

Many of us don't have your sense of diplomacy, and it's helpful to be reminded that it's usually the wiser path.

Much obliged, fellow-strummer!

Hey quazz, welcome to the Chordie forums!  Um, and goodbye too I guess.  Sorry you don't like things now.  Change happens, and this site is actually quite improved.  Search works better than ever, the site isn't crashing anymore, and since this is a free website ads are a necessity.  Members don't pay a dime.  It's the advertisements that keep this website free to use, because keeping a website online actually costs money. Also, Chordie.com is not affiliated with any mobile app.  I hope you've written to the app makers too, to let them know that you're upset that their software doesn't work with this website the way you want it to.  Then again, without giving constructive feedback and suggestions and specifics about exactly what the problem is, and asking how the problem may possibly be resolved ... I doubt they will be able to help you any more than we can here.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I used to like me but lately things have changed my hair is gray I make unusual sounds I don't recognize so I think I will leave me for something better. lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Alright folks, I can eat humble pie when deserved and I guess I had it coming a bit. Thouh I did not find one single reply with a bit of understanding for my plight and frustrations. Of course none of you knew this, but I am recovering from a serious personal situation (hence away for a few years) and all I could think about was getting back to my guitar, learn new songs but the updates may be good, but they left me so frustrated. Sure, I may have had a free ride for a while, so what, who does not like a free ride? Needless, I will persevere and struggle through and relearn the procedures, and may actually try to contribute something. Finally, I am very grateful I do not work with or know any of you personally, as all of you sound pretty unforgiving,"Kick'em while their down"!

OK kazz, we may have given you a hard time but people have worked hard and spent a lot of money to pull Chordie into the 21st century and make it more user friendly, acceptable and attractive for old and new people coming along hoping to find an easy way to get to grips with new songs...yeh we all do it.

You must also know that none of us here, moderators included, knew of your problems but if we did we would be the first to offer help and advice, listen to your problems and give love. Notice that even though we could, we didn't ban you, you can still go through the forums, pick out songs and even participate in discussions without some 10 year old giving you grief.

As always if you have a problem we are here, ready and willing to help. But DON'T SLAG US OFF WE DON'T LIKE IT!  mad  lol

17 (edited by unclejoesband 2016-07-26 23:50:45)

qazzz wrote:

Finally, I am very grateful I do not work with or know any of you personally, as all of you sound pretty unforgiving,"Kick'em while their down"!

It was nobody's intend to kick anyone while they were down. None of us could have possibly know you were "down". Honestly, you couldn't ask for a more helpful, friendly group of people. There are a handful of us getting together in a couple weeks in Syracuce, NY. Always a good time. But when you walk into a room with guns-a-blazin', people are going to start shootin' back.

I'm actually surprised you came back in. Most folks that post just to blow off steam are never heard from again.

So how about we start over.

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6865.gif qazzz.

Many people have had issues since the changeover. One of our friendly mods (who shall remain nameless smile ) even went so far as to ban a whole bunch of us .

A lot of the issues are discussed on this page. http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=3 There were a pile of bugs that needed worked out when we came back online. Most have been addressed and resolved. If you can't find the answer to a question, start a new thread and someone will be able to help you figure it out.

Pull up a chair( armless of course smile) and stay awhile.

UJ

Hello all,

You know, with all of the hatred and vitriol being spewed the last 2 weeks during these political conventions, I had to say kudos to all of you involved in the above string of messages.  What a pleasure it its to see civilized human dialogue and manners on display.  (even though I have to admit some of the initial remarks were awesome and right up my native New Yorker's sarcastic alley).   

Qazzz, you realized your mistake and had the guts to come back and take your medicine.  Well done.  All you have to do is just spend a few minutes, or hours reading these forums and you'll see how nice all these people are.  I wish I had more time to be more involved here, it's a feel good escape.   The ads pay the bills so we don't have to, so that's a small price to pay after all.  Keep playing, keep searching, and play what makes you feel good!

Do what's right. If you have to think about it, it's probably wrong.

Welcome back Qazzzz! Glad to hear you're picking it back up.  Music is medicine! Let me know if I can help.

Good luck picking guitar back up. 

Now that the initial unpleasantries are out of the way, come back soon and let us know how you're doing.  Also, check out the new feature of Song of the Month.  It's a fun little bit where we each take our own approach to a cover that can be found in the Chordie song searches. 

As for the KISS approach, it wasn't kissing any more.  It was just grouching at the servers and the old software kept kicking it in the hey-now!, so changes were necessary.  I liked the old site too, but the new site does seem to work better, more quickly, and doesn't crash. 

As for you having a hard time of it for the past several years, I hope that's behind you now.  Look to the future.  I can tell you that I was in a bad place this past winter, but the good grace and generosity of some Chordians when we got together in March helped pull me out of it.  The people here do genuinely care about one another.  So, I guess we got pretty defensive.  Sorry about that.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

That free thing that I do nothing to support doesn't do exactly what I want!!!  It has mildly inconvenienced me!

/ 1st World Problems

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I dont even pay attention to the banners any more.  The people here are great, and as mentioned, unlike UG you dont have a bunch of immature adult children and children being keybd warriors to get their rocks off.  Along with Zurf, I was in a bad place at the same time he was.  the people who helped him out also helped me out and I was able to see my chordie family.  So come on back in, get used to the changes, and get to know us.
Cheers, Beamer AKA "THE METALIZER"

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Ha ha.  My impression of an imaginary UG conversation. 

Zurf: "I'm having trouble memorizing the solo for A Song.  Does anyone have any suggestions for making it simpler?"
UG1: "Learn to play ****head."
UG2: "Give up.  That's the easiest solo ever.  If you can't play that, you SUCK!!!"
UG3: " 'A Song' is stupid.  Why do you want to play that ****hole song." 

Yeah.  I don't go on the forums there much any more.  There is no encouragement.  No help. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

This KISS approach thing. I like it, describes me perfectly.

Thick as two short planks

Russell_Harding wrote:

I used to like me but lately things have changed my hair is gray I make unusual sounds I don't recognize so I think I will leave me for something better. lol

At least you still have hair that can go gray.  You can always dye it. There is no dye for skin. LOL

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.