Topic: restrictions

I've just joined and i'm unable to create or remove anything from my songbook or make any changes to anything.  If there is restrictions on new account please post them so that others that join understand why things don't work.

Re: restrictions

Well Howdy, I don't know if there are any restrictions in force.... but then again I don't keep a songbook here on Chordie.  All my stuff is stored on my local media so it is available when the internet is not.  I have been watching this post of yours hoping someone with experience would wander along and post something helpful, but as that has not happened yet.... didn't want you to think we were "ignoring" your question.

The only thing I could suggest is to be sure and hit that "save" button at the lower part of the page after you "add" the tune to your book, otherwise it will be gone when you return to the page.  Sorry I can't offer more assistance at this time.

Thanks for asking !!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

As Doug has pointed out there are no restrictions (apart from new Members not being allowed to add links). As it is a couple of days since you posted this have you sorted it out or are you still having difficulties?

There was an update to Chordie earlier this year and there some Songbook issues mainly due Members not understanding the changes so it you search for 'add to songbook' you may find an answer posted previously, if not, post again here and we will see what we can do to resolve your problem.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

The only thing I can think is that you might be stuck in the "log in" loop.  If that's the case (you try to add a song and it asks to you sign in, but you already signed in.... you sign in again, try to add the song... and then go through the whole process again), I suggest clearing our your cookies and then try visiting the site again.  Alternately, you may want to try using a different browser.  I suggest Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.  They are both free to download.  smile  Let us know if you're still having issues please.  We'd love to help!  We'll just need more info on what's going on. 

The "add to songbook" problems thread Roger mentioned has instructions for clearing cookies, cache, as well as ensuring your system's java is up to date.  Those are the three main troubleshooting steps that will generally fix issues with songbooks! smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Spent an hour with exactly the same frustration ... great source of music .. but not intuitive to use ....
I will try the "loop" idea .. but  ..... grrrrrrr

la_maison_productions wrote:

I've just joined and i'm unable to create or remove anything from my songbook or make any changes to anything.  If there is restrictions on new account please post them so that others that join understand why things don't work.

It is a little frustrating at first take some time to look through your songbooks to learn how to move edit or change songs.I do not know about sign in or out but I am always signed in,do you have another computer or tablet,mac close by as sometimes they will rock the boat! and change things.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well I've cleared the cach, and do everything under the sun.
i still can't change, edit, move anything in my song book. In the song book area, it says that i'm trying to change someone else's songbook, and  it's all the songs I picked and added.
this is what it post when i try anything
"You are not authorised to make any changes to this songbook!"  which is my songbook.
here is the coding that is not working seen through the developers view.

fp:2 Uncaught DOMException: Blocked a frame with origin "http://tpc.googlesyndication.com" from accessing a cross-origin frame.(…)asyncLevelUp @ fp:2finale @ fp:2chainLG @ fp:2(anonymous function) @ container.html:20
fp:2 Uncaught DOMException: Blocked a frame with origin "http://tpc.googlesyndication.com" from accessing a cross-origin frame.(…)asyncLevelUp @ fp:2finale @ fp:2chainLG @ fp:2(anonymous function) @ container.html:30
container.html:27 Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: "http://pixel.quantserve.com/pixel/p-01- … hordie.com".
VM2443 error401.php:1 Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: "https://stags.bluekai.com/site/16365?id … yNYwASVHDY".

maybe this might help

Hi Jethro,

I have just sent you and e-mail through Chordie.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I am having the exact same problem as la_maison_productions.  I have set up a songbook that now contains 32 songs but it still says in brackets that is only has 13.  When I try to delete a song I have decided I don't want anymore, I get the same "You are not authorised to make any changes to this songbook!" error.  I only have one account and one songbook so I can't understand why I am not authorized to made edits to my songbook.

I access Chordie on multiple devices and am having the same problem on my iphone, ipad and PC.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Allison

Are those who are still having problems  clearing out their browser history?  The device  dose not matter the same cleaning might help. In an Iphone or Ipad  go to settings, Safari , then scroll toward the bottom and Clear History and Website  Data. On a PC or Mac go to C Cleaner and run it. This is a free download and is rated #1 on most sites. Here is a link to their site (use the free version) :   http://www.piriform.com/news/release-an … eaner-v316

Hope this helps.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.