1 (edited by bassmanwa 2016-06-19 03:31:19)

Topic: printing chords/tabs

Hi have been away from chordae site for a bit, but notice things have changed can't seem to get the same print outs as before where song opened in another page and could adjust the keys and print without chords.
Am I doing something wrong
Thanks for help in advance
Bassmanwa

Re: printing chords/tabs

Having difficulty printing to an HP Envy 4500. Error saying Pipeline Printing Host failed. I'm using Windows Vista. Problem doesn't occur when printing to my HPD7560.

Howdy Folks,   printer problems likely are not a Chordie issue as we send printing requests as raw data via http to your native print handler.  Print spooling is local to you and should be installed (at least the driver part) along with your printer driver from the OEM disk that came with your Printer.  Sometimes during an update you might get a corrupt driver update that will interfere with proper function.

To narrow it down, try "print to file" from your printers selection and give it a filename you can easily "find " in your Documents directory.  I usually choose to save-as PDF format as it results in a "what you see is what you get" document that should display and print without any trouble.  If you are able to print to file, then I would certainly be investigating a spooling error between your PC and the printer.  Check your printer documentation and perhaps fetch and install the newest drivers available for your operating system and hardware. Microsoft Knowledge Base has several good bulletins addressing spooling errors (especially about HP Printers) and you should be able to resolve issues from there.

Sorry I didn't get to these posts earlier, but as I no longer run windows in any of my machines, I kinda thought a regular Windows user/member would have up to date experience in this issue that might have been more helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

4 (edited by Bugl3t 2016-12-04 19:48:29)

No, it's NOT my printer because I've done every test, reinstalled all printer drivers, no change. EVERY OTHER PAGE I TRY TO PRINT WORKS JUST FINE.

I used to be able to print from Chordie with THIS printer and laptop. Now it comes out pale gray, way too many pages, with each line separated by huge gaps. It's really a mess now.

Windows 10 fully updated Dell laptop. Epson xp-320 printer that seems to work with any other printing request I make, including other websites.

Icould upload an img of printouts, if you want to see - AND IF I COULD FIGURE OUT YOUR MEANS TO DO IT.

Your help on putting in images uses an image ON YOUR SERVER. Can I upload an image to chordie to show you printing errors?

Bugl3t
OK, hows about posting the link to the page you are having trouble with and I'll take a stab at replicating your particular issue.  I currently have a Windows 10 machine back in the array and use an Epson 810 printer (so it should be similar enough for testing, drivers etc.).  That way at least I can see if it is a Chordie issue generally, or only some kind of formatting error on that particular page..... I assume you are prompting the print function from the hot-button on the Chordie page as opposed to [CTL]-P ?? Please specify.

Thanks;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare