1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-11 12:47:22)

Topic: Look What I Got *MY* Hands On Today!!!!!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/Drummerboy49/guitar.jpg

*photo fairy edited*

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Look What I Got *MY* Hands On Today!!!!!

Hey Bill!  Is that the photo above that you meant to put up?  Or is it this one?

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/Drummerboy49/21c421ec-b2cb-4cab-8a76-cd9a81312015.jpg

Cuz... the kitty is awful cute, but... HAPPY NGD!!!!  wink  How's it play???????  Do ya love it??????

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Ok, ok, ok... Bill was actually trying to share THIS picture (ha ha, just had to check the email!  silly girl!)

https://photos-3.dropbox.com/t/2/AAAluwR8UBbMzC_TmOsif9ekOd1hTnz4n2KhEpPTpDag3g/12/498653256/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/20161210_172140%5B539%5D.jpg/EMT1hoYEGC4gAigC/dVFwy-kIoSFUxHOOT7QMRKSFhvu7F2U8mTu2cvfg6no?size_mode=5

4 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-11 05:15:31)

Folks, Amy and Jim surprised me today with the Fender guitar you see on the right next to my Epi Les Paul. (PLEASE SCROLL UP) I did NOT expect such generosity from folks I haven't even met, but that just shows my lack of knowing how very kind Chordians are!

I name my guitars, and the newest one of course is named "Amy" and will always remain in my possession as the best Christmas present I have ever received (even better than my "Red Ryder" BB gun I got as a kid and never shot my eyes out with) smile

Amy and Jim, we both thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Especially Dondra who was growing tired of me walking around the house playing "air guitar".

And to answer your question, she plays just fine and I have already begun getting my fingers calloused. I am currently practicing the song "Cotton Fields" and will re-write it a bit for my Kiwi and Aussie friends.  Did y'all know that Creedence did that tune in just A, D and E?

The action on the guitar is just right for me and I love everything about her. Especially how and from whom she came.

With Sincere Gratitude!

Bill and Dondra Craig

PS: A picture or two showing me playing "Amy" (that doesn't sound right, does it? smile smile  ) will be forthcoming as Dondra will be filming me as we record the song for our Christmas Message to all of you!

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

mekidsmom wrote:

Hey Bill!  Is that the photo above that you meant to put up?  Or is it this one?

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/Drummerboy49/21c421ec-b2cb-4cab-8a76-cd9a81312015.jpg

Cuz... the kitty is awful cute, but... HAPPY NGD!!!!  wink  How's it play???????  Do ya love it??????

Thank you, my honorary "Granddaughter". That's Bert ("Bertram") my "Outlaw" friend from 7 years ago whom I rescued (when I was single and needed a friend) and whom we lost 3 months ago. THAT picture is the one we have hanging in both our bedrooms, by the way. I know a lot of folks don't care for cats, but  Dondra and I have always had dogs AND cats and remember all of them and their names.

And, as stated before I now have a new friend whom I will always treasure. Hugs to both of you and if Jim doesn't like hugs from guys, tell him he gets that ol' brotherly slap on the shoulder. smile

I'm still in 7th Heaven!!!!!

Yer Ol' "Opa" (German for Grandfather)

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Sweeeet !!  What a thoughtful and touching gift from a special Chordie Couple to another special Chordie Couple.

The Christmas Spirit is Alive and Well !

Bless you Amy & Jim (and Girls) Merry Christmas !!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

7 (edited by easybeat 2016-12-11 04:56:20)

MkM & MkD
What you have done for Bill is truly beautiful.
Great to see the spirit of christmas is alive & well.
I could just about kiss ya! not ya hubby though!!!
Consider yaself kissed with thanks & consider Jims hand shaken.
Wonderful Wonderful

The King Of Audio Torture

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-11 05:29:11)

My signature line has been amended (wink-wink, nudge-nudge >>> say no more)! smile smile smile

I'd take my new guitar to bed with me, but I'm afraid I'd roll over on her!  smile

Lord, please let me be deserving of this kindness to me.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Wow!! That is a super guitar, I love the finish and if it plays anything like the Fender acoustic that I used to have you will be well satisfied with it. How absolutely wonderful of Amy and Jim, but having spent two weeks with them, I know just how thoughtful and generous they are.

Roger

P.S. I have two cats and two dogs Bill.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Congrats Bill - Happy NGD!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

What a pretty guitar!  Is that a maple top?  Bet it rings like a bell.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Bill ( and Dondra )
Congrats on NGD !

Amy and Jim
What a wonderful act of kindness -  it embodies the true Spirit of Christmas !

Peace and Love to all

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Bill, we're glad that you are happy and working on those callouses! As I explained to Bill in a very VERY long winded letter, when Jim and I heard that he had sold his other acoustics, and he was looking at a used Fender, we decided then (gah, it was quite a while ago) that he should have this guitar.  While Jim liked it for quite a while, he had moved on from it and it was just sitting around looking pretty and collecting dust on my daughter's wall (she went for the Uke instead).  We felt Bill would get much better use out of it than what we may or may not get on trade.  As a few other Chordians have been quite kind to us over the years in similar fashion, it was only right to Pay It Forward!  smile

I think Bert is adorable, and should hang around the thread. I'm sorry he's no longer with you though.  sad  Do you have any other pets, Bill?  We have a couple dogs, and as much as I'd like a cat, one of our dogs seems to think they are food (and that's how we lost our last cat).  The kids often try to convince me of ways we could get around that problem, and if they keep it up, it could just happen one of these days.  I miss having a cat around (especially since I live in an old house and it's Winter now... the mice are trying to move in).

14 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-11 18:51:30)

For Roger: The finish of the guitar is called "Transparent Amber", and I have seen pictures of your menagerie, and know of the incredible amount of caring for "Bella" to keep her alive and healthy. Even if you and I had not met here, Roger, I feel we would be the best of friends because of that love for animals we both share.

For Amy: Ditto for you, "Enkelkind". Maybe one day you'll rescue another kitty. There's probably a way to discourage the dog from eating the kitties, but I don't know of one right off-hand.

We lost our Bert due to Feline Diabetes. It just snuck up on him, and even though we did everything we could (our Vet has his clinic right across the street), his blood sugar constantly stayed above 100. I have had several "spiritual visitations" from my friend. Little kitty "nudges" on my back and the thought "Better go see about Mom (Dondra)" as clear as a bell in my head. Sure enough, I went to her bedroom where she needed some help seeing some phone numbers. Not earth-shattering, I know, but still......... If you remember, the stroke she had affected her eyesight.

I am not done grieving yet, but my wife is asking for us to rescue another cat after the first of the year. Maybe we will, but until then, we're being pet-less.

Thanks for everything smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

On the subject of spiritual pet visitations...I kid you not, but we do from time to time hear the jingle of tags from Grouchy Old Lady, but the funniest is that sometimes when my wife and I are laying in bed we smell her farts.  There's a distinctive bouquet that she imparted to them that's instantly recognizable, and by golly we do smell them every once in a while.  It'll wake us up and we get a laugh about it. I swear it isn't me trying to sneak one by my Funny Little Honey, or vice versa.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

All good I love the cat, I like cats more then dogs.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Meow that's a nice gift.

Baldguitardude wrote:

Meow that's a nice gift.

They could also name the cat Chairman Meow!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

What's that sound on TV after a bad joke?     Doodle doodle doodle *CRASH* ? Is that it??? smile smile smile

dino ol' buddy. ol' pal...... How about one more to prop that one up with?

Your very good Bud

"Opie" smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

20 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-12 18:39:13)

Zurf wrote:

On the subject of spiritual pet visitations...I kid you not, but we do from time to time hear the jingle of tags from Grouchy Old Lady, but the funniest is that sometimes when my wife and I are laying in bed we smell her farts.  There's a distinctive bouquet that she imparted to them that's instantly recognizable, and by golly we do smell them every once in a while.  It'll wake us up and we get a laugh about it. I swear it isn't me trying to sneak one by my Funny Little Honey, or vice versa.

Zurf, Dondra and I have become convinced that many animals, including our pets are "self-aware" and have been for quite a long time. As Bert died, in the very last second of his life, as I was holding him in my arms, both of us on his favorite large feather pillow, he locked eyes with me, and in that moment I was sure we'd see each other again, somehow, somewhere.

Of course, if there's a hell, I sure wouldn't want him there seeing me standing in cow manure up to my neck, drinking coffee and the devil walking in, saying, "Okay, coffee break's over! Everybody back on your heads." smile

Sorry. Couldn't help it. "Opie" came out for a few seconds, there.... smile

Bill
PS: Z,  (can I call you that for short, sometimes?) She must have been a wonderful pet! Cat or dog? In my experience, Bert has never farted - either in bed or otherwise. He was what you'd call "uppity" as most cats are. He was a Maine Coon. I'm sorry, and I don't mean to sound racist (I'm far from it), but I have always dreaded meeting a person of color from New England and them asking what kind of cat I have. ----- Sorry. Opie again.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

And sincere thanks to all of you for your congratulations! I repeat: I couldn't be happier! smile smile smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:
Zurf wrote:

Zurf, Dondra and I have become convinced that many animals, including our pets are "self-aware" and have been for quite a long time. As Bert died, in the very last second of his life, as I was holding him in my arms, both of us on his favorite large feather pillow, he locked eyes with me, and in that moment I was sure we'd see each other again, somehow, somewhere.

Of course, if there's a hell, I sure wouldn't want him there seeing me standing in cow manure up to my neck, drinking coffee and the devil walking in, saying, "Okay, coffee break's over! Everybody back on your heads." smile

Sorry. Couldn't help it. "Opie" came out for a few seconds, there.... smile

Bill
PS: Z,  (can I call you that for short, sometimes?) She must have been a wonderful pet! Cat or dog? In my experience, Bert has never farted - either in bed or otherwise. He was what you'd call "uppity" as most cats are. He was a Maine Coon. I'm sorry, and I don't mean to sound racist (I'm far from it), but I have always dreaded meeting a person of color from New England and them asking what kind of cat I have. ----- Sorry. Opie again.

My cat can gives free catscans!

You just swing them over the patient by the tail, dontcha dino????

You are so baaaad, mah brotha! smile smile

Opie

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Well Dang Bill,  I don't know if I can say anything different, but Just YOU HAVE ONE GREAT GIFT THERE!   I got to meet Amy at CS2 and Lover her to death, I have only met Jim via Skype but man i think he could be a brother from another mother.  We were both the same Rate in the Navy, and we both have a similar sense of raw humor.  I look fwd to a day where I can com back east and meet him and hope to meet you and Dondra. (GA  is not too far from Asheville NC, unless you are way to the other side).  Between Chordie Stock, and Amy's gatherings, I just don't have the vacation time to cover it! LOL (Not to mention family vacations).

ENJOY THAT GUITAR! Like the Epi also,

Beamer

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

25 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-13 04:43:56)

Although the guitar came from Amy and Jim and Kids, I know to appreciate the fact that it came from all of you as well, because our Amy is a part of all of us. So if my Enkelkind doesn't mind, thank you all so much for caring about the both of us in our time of need (and we sure do need you!), and thank you for wishing me the best with this beautiful present!!!!

We love you!

Bill and ("She Who Must Be Obeyed") Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass