Topic: White stuff falling out of the sky

Just when we were getting ready to enjoy the warmer weather SURPRISE!! my car is totally buried and now the fun begins. NOT smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDn0fY … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: White stuff falling out of the sky

yup - we are supposed to get a whole lot through Wednesday  - when the forcasters say " paralyzing blizzard" - it's time to pay attention and prepare.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

well that's odd I played golf today before heading out for work  tomorrow, oh wait that's right I live in Texas. ya,ll enjoy that white stuff

out of tune out of key and out of touch

4 (edited by unclejoesband 2017-03-14 00:17:12)

Looks like fun. It's headed our way right now. ETA: 11:00 EDT.

Here's a pic from our big one last year.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1703/24307626490_e629cde7b7_b.jpg

mojo01 wrote:

well that's odd I played golf today before heading out for work  tomorrow, oh wait that's right I live in Texas. ya,ll enjoy that white stuff

not fair LOL smile

My house is forecasted for 30" tomorrow

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

unclejoesband wrote:

Looks like fun. It's headed our way right now. ETA: 11:00 EDT.

Here's a pic from our big one last year.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1703/24307626490_e629cde7b7_b.jpg

wow! that is a lot to shovel  smile

Don't get nearly that kind of snowfall around here (at least at my low elevation)..... so I have to ask,  where do you shovel it to?  Seems like you wind up just moving it out of the way for a bit and then have to dig twice as much to do something like clear your entire driveway. I do understand why snow-blowers are popular, but don't your neighbors get uppity when you bury their cars, fence, porch, dog-house, wood supply, (pick one)??

Just Wonderin'    smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Last winter we got 16" one time and that seemed  like a lot. If I had the type of snow Russell_Harding has I would move to a warmer area. That much is too deep to clear or for a snow blower. I guess they would have to stock enough groceries for the entire winter. How long does it take for that much snow to melt?  And then where does that much water go?

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Classical -- ahhh yes that is the problem.  These storms this time of year ------   Saturday is going to be 50 degrees and rain -  guess what -  MAJOR FLOODING will be next.

Only thing missing from these scenarios are locusts ! smile

Doug_Smith wrote:

Don't get nearly that kind of snowfall around here (at least at my low elevation)..... so I have to ask,  where do you shovel it to?  Seems like you wind up just moving it out of the way for a bit and then have to dig twice as much to do something like clear your entire driveway. I do understand why snow-blowers are popular, but don't your neighbors get uppity when you bury their cars, fence, porch, dog-house, wood supply, (pick one)??

The closest neighbor is about 60yds away. And as far as moving it several times; NO.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1577/23984707153_5b4176700c_b.jpg

Classical Guitar wrote:

Last winter we got 16" one time and that seemed  like a lot. If I had the type of snow Russell_Harding has I would move to a warmer area. That much is too deep to clear or for a snow blower. I guess they would have to stock enough groceries for the entire winter. How long does it take for that much snow to melt?  And then where does that much water go?

I would guess your 16" was from the same storm that gave us 32".  And yes, the snowblower wouldn't cut through that much. I had to shovel the sidewalk by hand. Once I had the walk cut through to the driveway the plow took over. Here is the finished product.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1707/24603119905_197c60f39c_b.jpg

I haven't seen a single flake of snow all winter, so please keep posting the pics just to remind me what it looks like.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

I haven't seen a single flake of snow all winter, so please keep posting the pics just to remind me what it looks like.

Ask and ye shall receive. smile 

This morning at 7:30. Around 6" on the shed and coming down heavy. Closer to 10" now at 9:00.

I have a video of our youngest dog experiencing his first snow. I'll post a link to that later. I need to upload it but I need to move some of this snow first.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2806/33436144765_d393e0798a_b.jpg

its snowing so hard right now I can't see my neighbor's house 40 yards away  NYS has just closed the interstate 88   we are in a statewide emergency

Here's the short video I took this morning. We have about 11" right now and it seems to be winding down. Now the wind is howling at 20-30mph and blowing all that snow on my nice, clean driveway. sad

Th largest dog (an Akita) is only 8 months old and had never seen snow. He loved it. He was ramming around so fast that I had a hard time keeping the camera on him. The other 2 are old hats at this snow thing. The poor Jack Russell; the snow is as deep as he is tall.

https://vimeo.com/208317829

We are getting buried here in Auburn right now. The wind is brutal too.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.