1 (edited by TIGLJK 2017-03-12 13:05:47)

Topic: SONG TIGLJK

I re-wrote this song, and re-recorded it.
I hope you like it or at least provide some constructive feedback to improve it.  ( except for the " play guitar better" or OMG quit singing"  - b/c my wife already gave me those hints!  smile

Here is the link to the new version on sound cloud. https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/movin-on

Below are the new lyrics and chords how I play it.
Thanks for giving it a listen.
Jim

[song]
{t: Movin’  On}

[C] [ Am]  [F]  [G]

[C] Love can be  the best thing you'll ever feel
[Em] or leave a hurt only time can  heal
[F] Love makes you smile, it'll make you cry
[G] and breaks your heart when you’re told           
                     Good bye

[C]Tears on my cheek,  and wind in my face,
[Em] found your heart  in some  other place
[F] knew when you walked out my door 
[G] love wasn’t living  here any[G7] more

Chorus
[C ] I’m moving on, I’m  movin’ on
[Am] Moving on, keep on movin’ on
[F] Love  today,  yesterday is gone
[G] Just gotta keep on moving on

[C] [ Am]  [F]  [G]

[C] what we once had, lives  in the   past
[Em] Dreams  we shared , didn’t last 
[F] always wonder if I cross your mind
[G]  do  you miss what we left behind

[C]First day I met you and the night you left
[Am]things I remember,  words I regret
[F] now each day ‘s better than the night  before
[G] Die a little less ,  live a little bit [G7]more

Chorus

[C] In a hurry , going nowhere fast
[Am] to find true love ‘n make it last
[F] Gonna do what  ever it takes
[G] to live my life with no heart[G7] aches

Chorus

[C] [ Am]  [F]  [G][C]

[song/]

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: SONG TIGLJK

I know you've put a lot of work into this song. I'm sure Mrs TIG is very proud of you.

Thick as two short planks

LOL

She is proudest when the old adage " silence is golden"  comes in to play.
I actually now have a small room where I can play and record ,so it works out fine.
I think my guitar playing is improving slowly ..........- my singing - well probably never wink - but its just the way it goes. I'm never gonna be tall either smile
Thanks for giving it a look though.
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGJK  I always like to  read and hear you perform your songs. You are a folk singer who is the only one who can truly feel what you write about. Really nice.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Another cracker me auld mate. In my mind I heard this as a waltz? Well done, songs full of feeling

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Nice one Tig ........... even if i did learn to play the original version of this song ..........you went and changed it on me lol.   Still good and i like the changes.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Phill and Jan

Thank you for feedback.

Phill- If I actually knew how to write a waltz maybe it could sound like one. smile  I think they are 3/4 time or something, but I don't know how that would go chord wise.   
and Yep - pretty much all of my songs revolve around emotion or a story to tell.
Jan-  Lol -  Just when I think I have it - something new pops in my head - hence the changes - until finally I like it or give up smile I'm glad that you tried it .

Both of you ( or anyone else)  - love to hear your version of it someday , if you have the time.

after two days of snow ( 43" in total) it's back to work!

Thanks again!
Jim

That's actually very good, TIG. Well-written and well put together ... and I think your voice is perfect for the song, by the way.

9 (edited by TIGLJK 2017-03-19 12:40:49)

TF - THANK YOU   I try smile

Jan - with apologies - here is a new version smile

Phill - I don't know what a waltz goes like - but I know this isn't it ! smile  However - what you said got me thinking - and so I put a new spin on it with different chords - a couple of minor lyric changes and came up with this.

I like it better than the first version.   Jan - I promise I won't change it any more smile  !!!

This is the link to soundcloud for it - I also posted new chords and lyrics there.

https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/moving-on-tigljk

Have a great weekend everyone !

Jim

This is the Chordie songbook link to the chords and lyric revision  in the easy to read and play chopro format.
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/?url= … ranspose=0

Hi Jim, left comments on Sound Cloud, great song written by your once again smile  I have to say, i think i prefer it sung with the chords of the first song rather than the G chord, i thought it may have been a little to deep for you voice?  where as the original song the chords seem to suit your voice better ..... just in my opinion smile  But either way great song, lyrics fab once again smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Thanks  Jan!

I appreciate the kind and on point feedback feedback.

it's difficult for me to voice songs because I 'm not much of a singer.
I appreciate that you took the time to give them a listen give me valuable commentary.
Hope all is well down under as begin to switch our seasons.

Jim