Topic: Received the best news today. At work.

As many know, I am due to retire on April 28th.  Today, the "Big Boss" came over and informed me that I had 3 weeks vacation left.  Then he asked me if I wanted the money and work. Or if I wanted to take the time off. That was a no brainer. So now My retirement is moved up to April 7th.  The last 3 weeks are paid vacation. Only 8 more working days.  I will still be employed until the 28th. I just won`t be working the last 3 weeks.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Received the best news today. At work.

That's freaking awesome.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Now I just need someone to come up and tell me I have thirteen years of vacation due to me...

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Retirement !!!   At first it seems like you have lots to keep busy.... you know all the things you always wanted to do when working was not on the menu.  Then you run out of those things, and get into some boring routine that feels a lot like work anyway.  At least you will have time to polish your Guitar Collection, and plenty of time for Practice.

Enjoy !!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

First thing I plan to do is sell my pickup and bike. Get a small car. Maybe do a bit of traveling. My car uses too much gas to do that on a regular basis. Most important. I want to get some rest. 13-14 hours a day gets a little tiring. Then look for a job more age appropriate. Either way, I am looking forward to it

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Congratulations, J3 ... enjoy your retirement. Hopefully your travels will help you discover even more guitars to buy! lol

Welcome to the club. During my first year (I took early retirement) we enjoyed 5 overseas holidays and saw quite a bit of Europe. We only took 2 holidays last year, but then when you're retired every day is a holiday...so I'm told?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

On the small car front, I am loving my Prius. With the back seat down (it folds flat) I could sleep back there.  A couple guitars and some camping gear wouldn't be a problem.  I'm averaging 44 mpg overall. 

You'll get a premium price for your FJ I'm sure.

JJJ
Congratulations !
I would think with you expertise - Bread Machine companies would be lining up to hire you as well as guitar manufacturers.:)
Enjoy your new timezone of retirement.
best wishes
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Zurf wrote:

On the small car front, I am loving my Prius. With the back seat down (it folds flat) I could sleep back there.  A couple guitars and some camping gear wouldn't be a problem.  I'm averaging 44 mpg overall. 

I have no intention of selling my FJ. I had a hard enough time finding it.I `m thinking Subaru Baja. 4 Wheel Drive. 4 doors. Tiny truck in the back. Winters up here can be challenging sometimes

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Zurf wrote:

I have no intention of selling my FJ. I had a hard enough time finding it.I `m thinking Subaru Baja. 4 Wheel Drive. 4 doors. Tiny truck in the back. Winters up here can be challenging sometimes

Enjoy Every Sandwich

12 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-03-30 10:13:32)

I agree with TIG, that your talent with guitars AND kitchen appliances could go perfectly together, in a new line of appliance-based amplifier platforms. For example:

1) Small Personal Practice Amp (5 watts - 1x8" speaker)
http://cdn1.viewpoints.com/pro-product-photos/000/289/481/300/1323364305-44819_full.jpg

2) Portable Band Practice Amp (15-20 watts - 1x12" speaker)
http://www.zabadne.com.ng/6791-large_default/win-10hp-manual-no-remote.jpg

3) Club / Small Venue (50-75 watts - 4x12" speakers)
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31XTC1ZTPbL._AC_UL320_SR252,320_.jpg

4) Stadium / Arena Amp (+100 watts - 8x12" speakers)
https://images.costco-static.com/ImageDelivery/imageService?profileId=12026539&imageId=890500-894__1&recipeName=350

Congrats on the good news Joey and retirement is fantastic but you have to blend doing nothing with activity you enjoy but I think you have some good ideas along those lines smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

13 - 14 hour days! You deserve retirement. I couldn't keep awake that long. Congratulations,  I hope you enjoy every moment.

Thick as two short planks