1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2017-06-01 13:13:25)

Topic: It's Good News Week~~~

I wish it were, but I have so many doctor's appointments this week, I have not had  a speck of time to spend here or on the computer, so I'll be a little tardy for a while. Don't worry, though: we still love you and although my 60's band  and me didn't perform it originally, we did COVER it at many dances. Enjoy, know you are loved and  cared about.

Bill and Dondra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AglW6QpmPp8

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: It's Good News Week~~~

Haha now that is a song i have never heard before Bill lol

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

3 (edited by Doug_Smith 2017-05-31 06:33:05)

Jandle wrote:

Me either, we just have to face it Jan.... we are just too young to remember. big_smile

And to Bill.... you know I'm just kidding???  At the time I was old enough but not spending that much time tuning in to that "evil Rock-n-Roll music".  Then I discovered Surfin' and all that changed, until a friend of mine drug himself out of the water with half his calf missing from a "love nip" by a curious Shark.  Redondo Beach 1966.  Decided hot cars were more my thing.... smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Never heard of "Hedgehoppers Anonymous", Bill ... fun music, and apparently a tad controversial back in the day.

Man, it's been a while since I've heard that song. After listening a few seconds I even remembered most of the words.

Thanks for posting it Bill.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

6 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2017-05-31 23:00:36)

My pleasure guys. The words you mentioned TF - which were rewritten because they were considered offensive - had to do with the "Sacred Cow' -  the animal revered by the Hindu faith. I think that's right. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Glad you liked it, though.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

7 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2017-05-31 22:59:36)

Doug_Smith wrote:
Jandle wrote:

Me either, we just have to face it Jan.... we are just too young to remember. big_smile

And to Bill.... you know I'm just kidding???  At the time I was old enough but not spending that much time tuning in to that "evil Rock-n-Roll music".  Then I discovered Surfin' and all that changed, until a friend of mine drug himself out of the water with half his calf missing from a "love nip" by a curious Shark.  Redondo Beach 1966.  Decided hot cars were more my thing.... smile

Of course I know that, Doug. smile Matter of fact, I was gonna tell Jan that very thing! smile You two were probably still in your Pampers at that time! LOL

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

8 (edited by Phill Williams 2017-06-01 09:19:02)

Haven't heard it for years. Still sounds fresh though. One of those one hit wonders!
It reminded me that I was trying to get a date with a gorgeous girl and she'd written the words down in her school book, we were 14 at the time. So I borrowed the book! Never did get that date.....

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.