1 (edited by last_rebel 2007-08-15 22:49:35)

Topic: Another one from last_rebel....

Okay so heres one I wrote about a month ago... comments/suggestions appreciated. Has kind of an eerie sound to me.... hope i did this voodoo thingamajigger right...
Repeat the chorus chords through the whole song... the one with the chords is the chorus the rest are verses

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

All You Need is Love smile

Re: Another one from last_rebel....

Hi Rebel
Just for a second there I felt a bit sorry for that  ole Confederate......:)
Nice melancholic Lyrics.
Wll Done.

Ark

Great song reb - was a tough time and people forget all the reasons for that war. Great tribute.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I SALUTE YOU,A GOOD EPITAPH FOR THOSE WHO LOST THEIR LIVES IN ANY WAR...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

5 (edited by last_rebel 2007-08-16 21:50:42)

yeah i kind of wanted it to be able to stand for any soldier even though it mainly focuses on good ole johnny. thanks for the compliments yall smile
By the way arkady, the whole point i was trying to get across is whether or not you agree with him, 'that ole confederate' was a PERSON. A young boy who died quicker than he ought to have had to die. Its always sad when young life is taken no matter which side they're fighting for....

"If this flag offends you, you need a history lesson".... just thought i'd throw that one in for free lol

There is an annual day here when the graves of the Civil War dead and the veterans are marked with flags.  Very moving.  Some cemeteries have soldiers from both sides.

Last Rebel, if you are not familiar with Eric Bogle look up "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda" and "The Green Fields of France".  Two stunning ballads about the WWI.  Probably several things on YouTube of each song.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Yeah never heard em before but i looked them up.... very moving lyrycs. I know mine dont measure up to that but the idea was kind of the same.

Hi last Rebel.

We used to sing a song here during the troubles! "Son of Mine came home today" Unfortunately in coffins as most do for there freedom! From both sides of the divide. Brave Men with strong beliefs!
So Thank you for this song! and the reminder of how good it is to live in a war free land!.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

great song rebel. Makes me want to be american now so I can sing this with pride the way it should be ( i can always pretend I suppose? lol)
This is good for acoustic and I bet it could be made into a heavy rock song and with those lyrics it is actually a great pnuk song ye just wrote.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

yeah i've played around with on electric and found out its pretty cool with heavy distortion (have to change it up a little of course).
Im thinking it needs a solo but im lost on where to start on one. Sometimes I like to start it off with a little rendition of the dixie anthem (kind of the same sound hendrix had when he did the national anthem , nowhere near as good but i mean as far as the reverb and everything) then ease into a heavy G...... Which if anyone wants to try:

l--------------------------------------------------------
l--0----------------------------------0----1------3--3--3---0-----
l---------2---0---0-----0----2----------------------------------
l----------------------------------------------------------
l------------------------------------------------------------
l-------------------------------------------------------------

if you've never heard it before watch any dukes of hazard episode and listen for the horn on the general lee (thats the sweet orange dodge charger with the rebel flag on top....) or look up "The battle of new orleans" by johnny horton and listen to the intro