Topic: Good And Bad News

Nothing as  bad as it's been, though.

1. We're moved in

2. Apt is full of mites and guess who they're feasting on?

Been to the dermatologist and she fixed me up with some cream and shampoo. Not much results yet.

Wasn't there a Buddy Holly tune called "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me"? smile

We love y'all!

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Good And Bad News

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Wasn't there a Buddy Holly tune called "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me"? smile

Warren Zevon.

Glad to you're settling in. Hope the critters haven't drawn too much blood.

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-10-06 22:26:20)

Hi Bill
You have had a few rounds to fight, Like  a real champion you fought like a Bee and made those things flee. Soon you will come right, once you get rid of those pesty mites.  That rotten Devil  will  have to flee..
Love to you and Dondra
Pete

Peatle Jville wrote:

Hi Bill
You have had a few rounds to fight, Like  a real champion you fought like a Bee and made those things flee. Soon you will come right, once you get rid of those pesty mites.  That rotten Devil  will  have to flee..
Love to you and Dondra
Pete

Mohamed Ali ain't got NOTHIN' on my buddy Peatle! wink Thanks my friend!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Keep your pecker up Bill. Hope thing soon settle down for you both. Big hug for Dondra.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks, my friend. Actually, as I write, things are settling down quite nicely. Dondra is busy buying curtains, looking at a new sofa and smiling genuine smiles rather than the indulging ones she managed for family and friends these past few months.

This is a three-bedroom apartment ("flat" as  my British friends call it) with plenty of closet space and very nice amenities, but when I asked if there'd be  room for my drums, she said, "Yeah, I've got the perfect place for your drums, dear, but I don't believe all of them will fit there."  wink

Tea Tree Oil is taking care of the scabies, and if you've ever had 'em (I would not wish them on my worst enemy) you know it's a long fight to bring them under control (you never get rid of them all), but y'all know the way I am, right? I wouldn't know how to act if something wasn't going wrong!!!! :") smile

So Roger; your "Southern Belle" friend sends love and hugs and thanks you for yours.

Here we're awaiting the arrival of "Nate" the next hurricane which will clip part of my State this time, so we are "battening down the hatches", as Captain Hornblower would say.

Thanks as always for standing by us, my friends. You honor us with your friendship and good will!

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

call orkin, let the bombs fly! lill before they get in your bed and boxes! Im sorry to hear this for you guys.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Good to hear you are settling into your new "digs".  smile  I'm with Beamer about the "bombs", we've been battling fleas this year. sad  Mild winters and an explosion of Voles hasn't helped the situation, and with the cat and dog taking laps outdoors, even the real spendy chemicals (that are supposed to hang around 260 days) barely keeps ahead of the new "crop".
Much as I hate insecticides, that is the only recourse this year until we get a good freeze.

Hope that little storm spares you folks down in that part of the country..... more flooding would not be a good way to go into the Winter months with the seasonal rainfall coming.

So which corner of the garage do you get to "park" your drum set in??  smile smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Getting eaten by microscopic critters is pretty bad. I hope you get those little boogers to go away, or die swiftly.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It's been a rough ride for sure, Z. Using the high-powered cream to cover my whole body. - (yes - there too), but after 12 hours or so, it's like a whistle has been blown and they all wake up simultaneously!!! A hive of bees in my head!!! These are mites and can adapt very quickly to anything used to fight them. I won't go into details (unless you ask me a specific question), but I've pretty much tried it all except for setting my head ablaze. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Hiya Strummberboy Bill.... I am with the other two who said BOMB!  Get those Bombs set off into every room of your house and garage and wipe those critters outta your life!  I am sure your on all sorts of medical creams and what not by now................but give good old fashioned eucalyptis oil ago and rub it all over yourself ................ beat they dont like that much!

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Hi Bill. Been a bit AWOL of late so now I'm catching up. This has been an awful year for you both and now Dondra wants to store your kit in the bin? Not on mate, put yer foot down gently lol.
I got a little itchy myself a couple of years back....no I wasn't a naughty boy....so Ann shaved me from my neck down, they didn't bother with my head, nothing to grip onto I suppose? Then used teatree oil for a week or so ev wallah gone. I think they came from a pair of spare overalls I was given in work as the cleaners had lost mine.

Get the bug man in, if your new home is rented your landlord should foot the bill?

Three bed rooms? Line the walls with egg boxes and bash hell outta dem der drums in the spare room

Love to Dondra, and try not to scratch

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

13 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-10-10 09:54:50)

Hey Bil ...

Glad you and Dondra have the move accomplished, and hope all of the "bugs" get worked out soon (sorry, couldn't resist). My brother is also a drummer who shares his home with others, and he has a set of these Black Hole Practice Pads he uses when he wants to practice but not disturb:

http://rtom.com/products/

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wt-ygMn0Kec/hqdefault.jpg

He says they work very well, with the same bounce as if playing on the regular surfaces. Might be a way to make everyone happy?

Hey Bill and Dondra!  I haven't been around a whole lot, but I've been following.  How's things going?  Have you managed to fight off the nearly invisible monsters?  I hope you're both doing better.  Think about you often!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.