Topic: SKELETON BONES

This has been a idea i have had for years.  Could never make it work, then this last week, BOOM.
Working on scratch tracks right now in audacity, but plans are being made to hang with Jerome and really put this together nice.

SKELETON BONES
Thursday, September 28, 2017
( standard tuning)

D                   A#6       
Memories  and me,
D                   A#6
Turn me inside out
D           A#6
and I      see………

Bm
Skeletons haunt me every night.

So afraid can’t kill the light.

C#m
Some lay in bed, lay in fright,
                                                                  D
Why do I want to hold them tight---- Tonight

D
Skeleton bones rattle in my head
C
Won’t let go until I’m dead
D
The fantasies of dancing with these
A
SKELETON BONES Oh skeleton bones

Bm
Broken bones        you see

Taped together     endlessly
C#m
Strung across my    memories
                            D
Oh my life              TONIGHT

Bm
Skeletons haunt me every night.

So afraid can’t kill the light.

C#m
Some lay in bed, lay in fright,
                                                                  D
Why do I want to hold them tight---- Tonight

D                  A#6
Memories and me
D                   A#6
Turn me inside out
D                   A#6
and I see    Its all ,,ITS ALL ,,

D
C
D
A

D                          A#6 
Racing the sunshine into night
D                 A#6
take me away I won’t fight
Bm             
chasing my chasing my   
C#m                                D
chasing my chasing my       Skeleton bones!

D
C
D
A

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: SKELETON BONES

Great lyrics, Beamer ... and unfortunately I can relate intimately. The "beauty" of nightmares is that they're not real, and we always awake to plenty of hope and beauty IF we choose to look for it. Give that sturdy boy of yours a big hug, eh?

Beamer it looks good. Can't wait to hear it played.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Great lyrics, Beamer ... and unfortunately I can relate intimately. The "beauty" of nightmares is that they're not real, and we always awake to plenty of hope and beauty IF we choose to look for it. Give that sturdy boy of yours a big hug, eh?

TF Thanks, and btw they won again 36 30 in OT he now plays left guard.  Also this is not a nightmare, the skeleton bones are the ones that you always wonder where they went or how they turned out.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

here is the scratch track https://soundcloud.com/beamer326/skelet … atch-track

Beamer you got a good intro rift on that one. Add a bit of drums and bass to it after the intro  and your got it real good.

Peatle Jville wrote:

Beamer you got a good intro rift on that one. Add a bit of drums and bass to it after the intro  and your got it real good.

Thanks!  That really means a lot to me.  I think aside from my few signature songs i wrote in 85 to 87, this last 2 years has been very productive and my songs have improved.

I am going to record it direct to the computer through my RP so we dont get all the pick noise and I am going to try a drum loop just to keep time.  Then my son Cade said he could really add some stuff to it in his FL studio program.  I am going to ask his friend who plays piano really well (takes lessons) to fill in the gaps.

This is my first take with vocals.  Its the Takamine through the RP500 on my custom setting for that guitar. Still want the LP on it, but the voice was working out pretty good tonight and gained strength in the second half.  I took down the scratch track and replaced it with this.

https://soundcloud.com/beamer326/skelet … 1-with-vox

Beamer I like that Lou Reed vibe you got going there on guitar and vocals. Your voice works great when you extend words like out.  So when you sing  Turns me inside with a slightly extended out it works a treat. So if  you  ac|cen¦tu|ate     those last words  in the lines ... night,   light,  fright your voice sounds great.

beamer I like your style and voice and in the end your voice makes the song. Your writing is very good too.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.