Topic: Seymour Duncan JB sh-4 pickups? any good?

I was just wondering because I got this for real cheap and for some reason I want to find out just how good I should expect this thing to be.  Now, mind you, the pickup that I am replacing with this is a stock epiphone LP special two, which by the way is just plain useless

Re: Seymour Duncan JB sh-4 pickups? any good?

You will find that most of the Epi pickups are dogs thats why alot of people change them because they don't have the umpth!. With that said there will be alot of hate mail.  Go to the seymore duncan website and they will have specs and a sample sound clip.  SD'S are very well made and you pay for it.

Bootlegger.

Boot, my fellow chordian, who are you  such a genius (THIS is the proper word) if we discuss about guitars.
I have 1 Epiphone, Sheraton, giving me an inccredible sound, but what about the humbuckers? They give me a decent sound, but is it possible that they give too much feedback?
What sound would I get, replacing these humbuckers by Gibson humbuckers, more specific 1957 classic humbuckers or burstbuckers. The Sheraton looks like a Gibson 335.
Another thing is that you are able, to fool a lot of people, to replace the Epiphone neck and out a gibson neck? I am pretty shure that those things happen.
I wrote another topic about "woods". Will a different kind of wood change the sound the sound.
I know you told me a lot about wood used, but will a human ear hear the difference between Brazilian Rosewood and Indian Rosewood? Same with spruce, I think I read somewhere that they use "German" spruce
Thanks a lot

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I agree with Bootleger about the SD pickups...anytime I run into pickup replacements I've had really good luck replacing with the SD...  Yes, they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. Some of the Epi pickups sounded great, others sounded pretty bad...I've had the same experience with the Import Fenders...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Yea, I got it on a couple of days ago, it sounds awesome.  Also, I happened to have got an insanely good deal from a friend.  15$ for the pickup and $15 to put it in.