Topic: effects for electric guitar

I have a few devises like:
- Zoom 8080 (almost 10 years old, but till good)
- line 6 floorboard Live Pro XT
- a Boss V1, also 10 years old, I didn't use it since long, but reading the possibilities AND the fact they are still made tells enough.
- A Korg Tone Works PX4D: "THE" best to use playing alone, because of the rhythm section, and an amazing devise, lot of build in effects, amps: "a must have"
- a Fender Cybertwin, probably the best amp in the world, using tubes and electronics.

The topic is about the effect processors you use. I hope to learn more about possibilities.
On some effect processors, you can find acoustic, but using this "acoustic", I DON'T HEAR AN ACOUSTIC SOUND. Except from Variax guitars, are there devises giving you an amazing acoustic sound?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: effects for electric guitar

My set-up is pretty basic. I made my own pedal board from pine wood and metal hardware.(4 latches and a carrying handle, 1 can of black spray paint) I spent a total of $31 on supplies. I looked at buying a pedal case but the size I needed was very expensive. I use 2 Boss EQ's, one I keep on continuous and the other I use as a boost. I also have a Boss compressor/sustain pedal that I use to sweeten up my soloing.When I use the boost EQ and the comp/sus together I get a nice tube sound. I've searched for years and years to find this tone and sound. Lastly, I have a Boss phase shifter. This pedal is really groovy. It's a chorus and a flange in one pedal. I use this pedal on rythym and leads. Along with my Boss RC 20XL loop station pedal, that's it. All Boss because Boss is the best(n my i's).......................

Give everything but up.

qoute from gitaardocphil: "I hope to have some answers, it is useful to know more about these "things", and it can hlp younger chordians."

Phil my friend,

The younger chordians should learn to use their amps and the tones they can get with out effects first. Then when that is established they can start messing with effect to shape and or change their tonal sound.  I know your point and the eagerness to help but without practice and knowing what their amp & guitar combo can do they will not learn.

Bootlegger.

Ken, I do agree, the last phrase has been removed now.
But I don't think I committed a crime writing this topic.
The purpose was/is to see what effects are used most, and what processor people use.
I wanted to see, and learn about "new" or "older processors" providing effects,like distortion, and a lot of other functions, like creating an acoustic sound. Even using the acoustic patch, it doesn't sound acoustic and THIS is one of the major reasons, writing this topic.
I wrote you a mail.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

bootleger wrote:

The younger chordians should learn to use their amps and the tones they can get with out effects first. Then when that is established they can start messing with effect to shape and or change their tonal sound.

Bootlegger.

That's alright if you have a decent amp, mine hisses unless I have a Multi-effects-unit with noise-reduction plugged in. And the distortion is TERRIBLE unless from a pedal.

I agree that one should learn the limits of their basic set-up...whatever guitar and amp that you are using. Then one can use effects pedals or rack unit to shape the sound from there. My effects set-up is a Boss TU-2 tuner, Boss Delay, Boss Chorus, and Boss Distortion... I use the chorus and a slight delay to really "fatten" up finger style playing. For blues I'll crank up the reverb on the amp and that often depends on the room acoustics and volume...I don't use the distortion pedal much...I normally like a little overdrive from the amp...just enough to give a little "bite" to the sound.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I do agree 100%, but a lot of young players, love to run before they walk. If they have enough money, they buy it anyway. It happened in the early seventies, my brother, at least 10 musicians, or better "would be" musicians, wanted and buyed a wha wha, and they all had and used distortion. This was probably under the Jimi Hendrix influence. So the "effects" problem is not new.
Why are brands like Fender, Line 6 even Vox producing today amps with all different kinds of effects on board. This is a fact you can't neglect. Besides, using effects became a common thing, and I agree that they should learn to play starting, like you write. Young people are "exposed" too much to materials, we didn't even know 10 years ago. Cell phones, is a great example. They are no longer glad to have a cell phone without camera, and all the extra features. This is in fact why I wrote this. THERE ARE TOO MANY INFLUENCES FROM OUTSIDE. Same problem with an electric guitar, how many different guitars are available, just mentioning Fender. It is more and more difficult to follow trends. 10 years now = 30 years in the past.