Topic: Line 6 or Fender?

Can any1 of you suggest me which one of these amps is better for metal playing...More like Metallica/Iron Maiden stuff

http://thefreeguitarlessons.blogspot.co … ender.html

Re: Line 6 or Fender?

umarboy,
Go to a music store and grab a guitar and plug it into each of the different amps and judge them for yourself. Use only one guitar.
Are you playing for a band?
Are you playing for charrity?
Are you playing for fun?
Are you playing for all of the above?
Most music stores are glad to have their customers try out the equipment, but don't let them pick for you.
It kind works like this: Their are some that want your business and some want your money. So when you go test the equipment tell them that you are looking for a future purchase and that you're not looking to buy right now. Also don't let them rope you into buying on credit, or getting one of their credit cards.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

I tried all of em..
i really liked line 6 a lot smile

eagleeye5851 wrote:

umarboy,
Go to a music store and grab a guitar and plug it into each of the different amps and judge them for yourself. Use only one guitar.

I didn't know you could do that. They actually let you test the guitars?

Both amps you've show are modelling amps so both will do the metal thing. Your real question is therefore which recreation of overdriven circuits sounds best to you. There are lots more amps out there, check out anything Marshall as these are usually hi-gain.

Have you already got a Line6 Pod, Behringer Vamp or similar? These have amp modelling without the speaker box so you can use them to 'audition' the amp sound you want - good cheap way to mess around with every sound going on headphones without committing to the full amp. Pocket Pod is great value this way.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'