Topic: strings

i know there is probably a post on this already but here goes:

acoustic guitar strings? i play mostly fingerstyle songs, any recomendations on strings???

thankyou

Tom

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and alcohol!

Re: strings

Hello Wilcovecrue,

Like beverages, everyone has their favorites....   Personally (also fingerstyle) I like the Elixer coated strings, and D'Addario Bluegrass.  Ernie Ball Earthwoods were always good also, but I changed to coated to prevent string "squeak" which really gets annoying when plugged in. Silk and Steel are nice, and Gibson Rythm & BLues were very good but I think out of production now.

Take Care:  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

On my acoustic guitars I use 2 different types;

1) When playing my acoustic/electric with an active pick-up I use D'Addario Nickle Jazz strings(.12-.52). The pick-up and electronics have more relevance on the sound and tone. Therefore I like the nickle strings mainly because they do not lose sound quality as the life of the string takes it course. The sound almost exactly the same when I first put them as they do just before they break/ or need to be replaced.

2) When playing my acoustics that require a mic in front of the guitar, I use Elixir Polywebs 80/20 bronze custom lights (.11-.52) There is a noticable difference with these strings vs nickle, bronze, or phosphur bronze strings. The life of these strings too are far greater than most other strings I've used through the years. They are well worth the extra money...........

Give everything but up.

I switch between elixir lights and silk n steel,for recording purposes I use silk n steel but that's only in the studio at home I put the elixir's back on for practice because of the longevity and my limited pocketbook lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

brilliant
thanks for the help lads

tom

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and alcohol!