Topic: Help with amp settings for acoustic..

Hi guys,

I bought a SD Woody HC soundhole pickup to give it a try..  It arrived yesterday..  Maybe you guys could help me with some amp settings??

I just want a kind of standard plugged in tone to begin with..  I have a Marshall G15R CD.. The settings are as follows..

Gain 1
Gain 2
Treble
Contour
Bass
Master Volume
Reverb

What should I set them to between 0 and 10?  (Roughly)

I play mainly rock/folk..  Strumming and Fingerstyle..

Thanks again for any advice..

Cheers,

Joe.

Re: Help with amp settings for acoustic..

Try this link

http://www.marshallamps.com/downloads/f … %20Eng.pdf

That should get you started

Good luck

Now available in 5G !

Nice one!  Thanks a lot tandm.  That's the manual that came with it..  I still have it but have so much stored away and no time to drag it all out..

Hi Joeninho,

Sorry I don't have a Marshall at my disposal at the moment, but it all boils down to a matter of taste anyway.  My Behringer will emulate a Marshall and I try to keep things fairly "dry" for the most part with just a hint of reverb to get a little more "presence".
I'd give the gains about a 3, and leave the treble around 2, as well as the bass. Granted my guitar is a bit weak in the bass range being fairly shallow bodied.  Master volume controls how much you want to rattle the neighbor's windows so use your own discretion on that one, but a 1 or 2 on reverb will give the sense of a larger room with some echo to fill out the sound.

Lots of reverb will get you that "surf" sound and the rest is an experimental thing.  There is another post around here that had a fairly good guide to amp settings that I will try to find for you and link you to.  Well so much for that notion... failed to bookmark it.
But I think it was in the accessories and effects section?  Like two catagories above this one in the index.  Sorry I'm not more helpful.... been a long day.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the advice..  That's exactly what I was looking for to get me started.  Been learning a few matchbox 20 songs of late so I'm planning to plug in tonight and see how I go..  Funnily enough, there was a legendary guitar teacher at my school in Scotland called Doug Smith.  All you guys must be guitar gurus!  Thanks again mate..  Much appreciated.  I'll let you know how I get on..

Regards,

Joe.