*Short for ''cabriolet,'' a light, horse-drawn carriage which replaced the heavier hackney carriage in the 19th century as the vehicle for hire of choice in Paris and London, and were the forerunners of modern taxicabs.
*Short for taxicab, which replaced cabriolets at the beginning of the 20th century. Their name came from ''taxi(meter)'' + ''cab(riolet).''
*Short for cabin, the driver/operator's compartment in a truck (lorry), crane or railway locomotive. In England the tractor part of an articulated lorry is often called a "cab" or "artic cab".
*Short for cab car.
*The moving passenger compartment in an elevator (lift).
*Short for ''cabochon'', a gemstone cut with a flat bottom and a rounded top.
*Short for ''cabernet sauvignon'', a variety of red wine.
* Cab Calloway School of the Arts
* 2006 song by Train (band)
* Short for cabinet, especially amongst musicians when referring to loudspeaker cabinets.
The acronym "CAB" may stand for:
* C.A.B. was a 1980s British children's television show
* cabinet (file format)
* Canadian Association of Broadcasters
* Choose and Book
* In the UK, the Citizens Advice Bureau
* Civil Aeronautics Board