"Carbon Leaf", is "a 5-piece acoustic/electric/mandolin/rootsy/poppy rock band from Richmond, Virginia." (Milstead, Scott. 2006. http://myspace.com/carbonleaf "Carbon Leaf's MySpace Profile". Retrieved June 3, 2006)
* Terry Clark: Electric guitar & acoustic guitar, vocals
* Carter Gravatt: Acoustic & electric mandolins, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, 12 string guitar, lap steel, bouzouki, loops & effects, vocals
* Jordan Medas: Electric bass, bowed & double bass, vocals
* Scott Milstead: Drums & percussion, vocals
* Barry Privett: Vocals, penny whistle & acoustic guitar
Carbon Leaf got their start at Randolph-Macon College in Virginia in 1992 practicing in an auditorium on campus. Their next step was playing backyard parties, mixers, fraternity, and sorority parties. Shortly after everyone graduated they moved to Richmond, Virginia. From Richmond, they played the college circuit in Virginia and up the East Coast before moving on to clubs.
''Meander'', their first album, was released in 1995. The first songs Carbon Leaf wrote, including "One Day" and "Country Monkee" are on the album.
''Shadows in the Banquet Hall'', released in 1997, includes s...
|years active||1992 – present|
|music genre||adult album alternative|
|current members|| Barry Privett|