Cornelius is a name most commonly found in Ancient Roman history.
Romans named Cornelius:
- Cornelius (fem. Cornelia) was the nomen of the patrician gens Cornelia, one of the important families of Ancient Rome.
- Cornelius Antistius Labeo wrote a history of Roman/Etruscan religion, now lost.
- Cornelius Nepos was a Gaulician historian, to whom Catullus dedicated his poetry.
- The Roman centurion Cornelius is considered by Christians to be the first Gentile converted to the faith, as related in the Acts of the Apostles; he is also considered a saint.
Other persons named Cornelius:
- Pope Cornelius was Pope from 251 A.D. to 253 A.D..
*Cornelius Vanderbilt American industrialist.
- Cornelius Jakhelln is a Norwegian musician in the bands Solefald and Sturmgeist and an accomplished writer and poet.
- Cornelius is a Japanese producer and recording artist.
- Cornelius Fudge is a character in the Harry Potter series of novels.
- Cornelius is a chimpanzee character from the Planet of the...