"Girls Against Boys" are an indie rock/post-hardcore band, originally forming in Washington, D.C. in 1988 and currently based in New York City.
Girls Against Boys
The group began as a side project of Eli Janney and Fugazi drummer Brendan Canty. Canty soon left the project and by 1991 Janney had gone on to recruit three former members of D.C. hardcore punk group Soulside—Scott McCloud, Johnny Temple, and Alexis Fleisig—to complete the line-up. Girls Against Boys are perhaps most notable for employing dual bass guitars, a rarity in rock music, and for their second album, ''Venus Luxure No.1 Baby'', a heavy yet nuanced entry into early 1990s post-hardcore.
* Eli Janney – bass, back-up vocals, keyboards
* Scott McCloud – vocals, guitar
* Johnny Temple – bass
* Alexis Fleisig – drums
* ''Nineties Vs. Eighties'' (Adult Swim, March 1992) - EP
* ''Tropic of Scorpio'' (Adult Swim, May 1992) - LP
* ''Venus Luxure No. 1 Baby'' (Touch and Go, August 1993) - LP
* ''Sexy Sam'' (Touch and Go, 1994) - EP
* ''Cruise Yourself'' (Touch and Go, September 1995) - LP
* ''House of GVSB'' (Touch and Go, February 1996) - LP