"Looking Glass" was an American pop music group of the early 1970s that was part of the Jersey Shore sound.
The group was formed in 1969, at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey and consisted of four members:
* Elliot Lurie (lead guitar),
* Lawrence Gonsky (piano),
* Pieter Sweval (bass), and
* Jeff Grob (drums).
Looking Glass had one #1 hit the week of August 26, 1972 with "Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)".
After the official disbanding of Looking Glass in 1974, two of the members went on to form the heavy metal band Starz in 1976.
The song "Brandy" was famously covered by the rock group Red Hot Chili Peppers, and a recording can be found on their album ''Live in Hyde Park''.
* ''Looking Glass'' (1972)
* ''Subway Serenade'' (1973)
* "Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)" - US # 1 - August 1972
* "Golden Rainbow" - AC # 37 - November 1972
* "Jimmy Loves Mary-Anne" - US # 33 - September 1973
* http://www.superseventies.com/sl_brandy.html Lyrics to Brandy
Category:American musical groups
Category:New Jersey musical groups
Category:1970s music groups