Negative has meaning in several contexts:
- Negative and non-negative numbers
- Negative (photography)
- In physics, negative and positive are conventions used in distinguishing electric charge.
- In optics, diverging lenses are also called negative lenses.
- In astrology, negative is a term commonly used to described the supposedly introverted personalities of the earth and water signs.
- Negative, a Serbian pop/rock band.
- Negative, a Finnish glam rock band.
- Sometimes means having a bad, detrimental or injurious influence.
- Sometimes used as an alternate way of saying, "no"
For other contexts see "positive".