The Dead may refer to:
*The dead, those who have died.
- The Dead was a nickname for American rock band the Grateful Dead.
- The Dead is the name of a 2000s reformation of the Grateful Dead surviving members.
- "The Dead" is a short story by James Joyce, from his book Dubliners.
- The Dead was also a 1987 film adapted from Joyce's story
- The Dead was also produced as a Broadway musical, opening in 1999 - see The Dead (musical).
- The Dead, a nickname for the Dustmen Faction in the D&D campaign setting Planescape.
- "The Glorious Dead" (or "Our Glorious Dead") is a phrase used on war memorials, usually referring to soldiers killed in World War I.
- The Glorious Dead is also a three-piece rock band from Wales.
- The Glorious Dead is also a Doctor Who comic strip story in ten episodes.
Various figurative expressions attribute some typical qualities of death to other things: