That was fantastic. Great playing from Steph, she played that so relaxed and natural, she is going to be brilliant!! Lovely singing from both Kate and Steph. Big hug to them both from their crazy English friend.. ![]()
376 2016-12-02 08:48:18
Re: December 2016 FSOTM - Winter Wonderland - VIEW for 2nd song! (14 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
377 2016-12-02 08:40:39
Re: A song I want chordie to add is on a website in a pdf, can chordie dea (3 replies, posted in About Chordie)
I have written to the powers that be for an answer for you.
Roger
378 2016-11-28 17:59:36
Re: Jango Player (5 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
I am not sure as I never use it so I can only assume that The Untouchable One is not in Jango's library and it plays the closest it can. If anyone has a better suggestion please let me know.
Roger
379 2016-11-26 23:41:52
Re: NGD (10 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Nice find Joey. Where do you find space to store them all??? ![]()
Roger
I see you have been buttering up to the Picture Fairy again ![]()
380 2016-11-26 23:35:47
Re: new post old song :) (6 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Thanks Bill, Dondra and Jim. I am hoping to get the proper recording gear out this week and make a better job of it.
Jim, the cat is T.T. (Twinkle Toes) a very special little girl who crossed the Rainbow bridge 4 years ago at only 7 years of age and is still my Facebook profile picture. I felt the words were fitting for her.
Roger
381 2016-11-26 20:50:17
Re: new post old song :) (6 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Wow Jim I really like this, so much so that an hour and a half after first seeing it I have put a recording up on SoundCloud
. I have done it in 3/4 time and changed he last chord of the chorus to a 'D' as it runs back into the verse better the way that I sing it, I hope you like it:
https://soundcloud.com/roger-guppy/chri … -were-here
Roger
382 2016-11-25 08:23:31
Re: How do I open my songbook? (2 replies, posted in About Chordie)
Hi Troy,
Please follow the instructions in this thread and report back if unsuccessful: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=29397
Roger
383 2016-11-23 08:17:38
Re: Baby, I`ve Got You. (6 replies, posted in My local band and me)
It was great Jan, there is not too much wrong with the guitar playing, it sounded fine accompanying your voice. You have really done a good job on Jim's song. Well done.
Roger
P.S. In answer to a comment in your e-mail, the UK weather does not affect me at all. I moved to Portugal 12 years ago
. x
384 2016-11-21 18:39:21
Re: How do i request a song to be added to chordie (9 replies, posted in About Chordie)
Normally the chords will be above the lyric line or, if it is not formatted, the chords will be in the lyric line in square brackets i.e. [G]Mary had a [C]little [G]lamb.
Roger
385 2016-11-21 14:39:02
Re: November 2016 FSOTM - Friends in low Places - Hide your love away (41 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Now this is another one that I have never heard in my life before it appeared on here, again I have done a single take with just me and a Nashville tuned guitar:
https://soundcloud.com/roger-guppy/frie … low-places
Roger
386 2016-11-20 18:19:41
Re: November 2016 FSOTM - Friends in low Places - Hide your love away (41 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
OK here is my take on "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" and, just for a change, no multi recordings, just me and my 12er. I have also used YouTube this time:
Roger
387 2016-11-20 08:19:48
Re: How do i request a song to be added to chordie (9 replies, posted in About Chordie)
Hi Zengalileo,
If you want a song adding to the Chordie library you have to first locate it elsewhere on the internet and it must be in ChoPro (Chord Pro) format. Then you need to sent the details, including the URL, to admin@chordie.com with a request for it to be added.
Roger
388 2016-11-18 10:20:56
Re: restrictions (9 replies, posted in About Chordie)
Hi Jethro,
I have just sent you and e-mail through Chordie.
Roger
389 2016-11-13 08:01:21
Re: Man! I LOVE Gretsch's And...... (10 replies, posted in Electric)
My friend has a White Falcon and I have played a couple of other Gretsch hollow bodied guitars but I hate them. I put them in the same class as the Gibson hollow bodies:
Too big, too heavy and an awful neck to get my small hands around.
Just not my cup of tea at all.
Roger
390 2016-11-13 07:54:07
Re: PRO File (3 replies, posted in About Chordie)
As far as I know there has never been a facility to download a Chordie song in any format. You can certainly print one or save a song in a Chordie Songbook but it appears to me you are attempting something that Chordie is not designed up to do.
Roger
392 2016-11-11 14:24:24
Re: November 2016 FSOTM - Friends in low Places - Hide your love away (41 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Sounds like Bill is going to be a lucky boy. I am extremely envious!!
Roger
393 2016-11-11 07:48:17
Re: Leonard Cohen. Dead at 82 (15 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
A very sad loss.
Roger
394 2016-11-08 19:09:42
Re: chat room? (8 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
You can always arrange a Skype get together which costs nothing
.
Roger
395 2016-11-08 07:59:18
Re: SUGGESTIONS: DECEMBER 2016 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH (27 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
From the list my choice would be Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changing"
My own choice suggestion would be. "Moments In The Sun" by TIGLJK
Roger
396 2016-11-07 13:24:40
Re: November 2016 FSOTM - Friends in low Places - Hide your love away (41 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
The Silkie is one of my favourite (although little know) British bands, one of their original songs is always in my repertoire. Hopefully I will get some time to get recordings completed this month.
Roger
397 2016-11-04 12:24:24
Re: windows 10 upgrade assistant (22 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Quite frankly I do not see any difference from the earlier 10, except it may be a little more stable. I was a big XP fan and I have liked none none of the later operating systems since but I am quite fond of 10. However I would not have a Mac if you paid me.
Roger
398 2016-11-04 07:51:26
Re: windows 10 upgrade assistant (22 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
The anniversary upgrade is a bit problematic. One lap top went through fine overnight but the other I had a similar problem sticking at 92%. I did as you did and uninstalled a couple of times but eventually I bit the bullet and just left it running. In the end it went through but it took in the order of 24 hours. All I can suggest is patience.
Roger
399 2016-10-31 16:46:22
Re: wondering (9 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
I just found Whitewater's email and dropped him a line to see if we can find out what happened to them. They may have got lost in the mail or circumstances may have prevented from from returning them.
Roger
400 2016-10-31 07:59:51
Re: I'm Not Going To Say His Name..... (6 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
I saw Bill's cryptic message and thought it was directed at Russ.... shows what a good detective I would make
.
A belated Birthday wish for you Doug:
May your strings never break and always stay in tune.
Roger