No one has suggested whiskey in the jar yet .If I have a few mins spare I'll give it a go on the Banjitar
That would be an excellent song to hear you do with a Banjitar Grah.
You are not logged in. Please login or register.
Guitar chord forum - chordie → Posts by Peatle Jville
No one has suggested whiskey in the jar yet .If I have a few mins spare I'll give it a go on the Banjitar
That would be an excellent song to hear you do with a Banjitar Grah.
Peatle Jville wrote:easybeat wrote:Peatle
for a simple little song that had a lot going for it.
the only thing missing was a drummer playing with brushes.Cheers Brian a old style drumming with brushes would most probably help lift my bad vocals and guitar playing. I'm looking forward to hearing more people entering some songs this month.
Oh man! Don't put yourself down. I enjoyed it.
But yeah - some brushes would have added to the smoky jazz vibe of the song.
Cheers Zurf I could imagine playing that song with a jazz trio in a smoke filled Speak Easy in the American prohibition era. Though I suspect a song about whisky would go down better with a Speak Easy crowd than a song about flowers. ![]()
Peatle
for a simple little song that had a lot going for it.
the only thing missing was a drummer playing with brushes.
Cheers Brian a old style drumming with brushes would most probably help lift my bad vocals and guitar playing. I'm looking forward to hearing more people entering some songs this month.
This my entry for August is called When Flowers Bloom. It is winter here and my garden has taken a bit of hiding mostly due to strong cold winds though there are some flowers in my garden that the petals haven't been destroyed. . . It was a bit hard going on my fingers but I managed to squeeze out a tune on the guitar for this one in a style I don't normally play but my Maree likes to listen to. It was just recorded on my cell phone no fancy mikes or anything. I tried to write some simple but easy to remember lyrics.
When Flowers Bloom
When flowers bloom
When flowers bloom
My spirits zoom
When flowers bloom
When flowers bloom
My spirits zoom
I can't wait
When Flowers bloom
My spirits zoom
And things seem good again
Here is a late entry from me as my cold is over with now thankfully and I tried to record using Garage Band as we are away on holiday presently so don't have my usual little setup with me. Anyway here it is https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan/my-so … e-you-seen
Sorry running a bit late with August FSOTM due to being on holiday .
Jan better late than never . Great choice of song you do it real good. Your ukulele and voice work perfect on this one.
ok i`ll kick it off.i recently had a coffee with Jan,she encouraged me to try and ``sing``
instead of my usual kinda talk sing.Im no singer but i
bumble along to get my writings recorded.
this is my ``attempt`` at singing.
https://soundcloud.com/rough-as-gut/flowers-and-whisky
EB it is good to hear your voice and guitar coming through nice and clear also your guitar and vocals work real good.
Jim, reading the lyrics again I don't know why I thought it was about a songwriter as there is no reference to the person being a musician. As Phill has rightly mentioned it is a great song about a lost soul searching for a home.
Richard thank you for your feedback on my videos. I like the way you covered Jim's song also. I also enjoy reading your well thought out comments on all things chordie.
EB I like that guys perspective on music. I always say "Even if you suck at music or style you've chosen to try, if it makes you happy, do it anyway!."
Jim I like your lyrics about a songwriter trying to find their successful place to be in the world.
Peatle Jville wrote:Good one Richard and also a good applause response from your audience on your video.
Thanks for having a listen; was only about 15 or so in the audience that night, but they apparently love when I do fingerpicking songs
Also, here is "Riders on the Storm", played with my son (who heard the song for the first time in the morning), which mentions the word "love" (gotta love your man): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpt7HRc15rg
Cheers
Richard
Richard and Jai you work real good together.
I'm stretching a bit of artistic liberty here, the first time I heard this song was with a story where an old couple are the subject matter, and one is quite ill, and this song is a bit of a "goodbye" song, although it doesn't say the word itself: https://youtu.be/KarwZFku3lo
And it says "loved", instead of "love", as past tense.
Cheers
Richard (who still has to catch up on every one else's entries!!)
Good one Richard and also a good applause response from your audience on your video.
Jeff another brilliant song about the human condition, written by you which many will hear and say to themselves this is me sometimes.
Jeff that is a good song about sipping Whisky right. Lastnight a lady told me this joke about whisky.
So Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd break into a distillery. Daffy turns to Elmer and says; " Is this Whiskey? Elmer says: " Yeth but not as whiskey as wobbing a bank''.
Shwmae Pedr. Glad to see those creative juices haven't dropped down the drain with the rain! He he he
The music was rocking
The listeners were dancing
The clouds were gathering
The plops in the puddles
Got folks looking skyward
The electric musicians were rushing to cover
Guitars amps and keyboards
As the rain started falling
Water was running like rivers in torrents
Down drains with a gurgle
And the music was lost
With the rain down down the sewersJust thinking about Glastonbury and Kiwi weather!
Thank you Piri my brawd I like your words.
Just thinking about Glastonbury and Kiwi weather.
The sun shines bright on the Glastonbury crowd .
Singing lyrics written by the band on stage about a deluge in a cup.
Meanwhile down in the south Pacific people are dreaming is the rain over.
While watching on YouTube, Crowded House singing “Don’t Dream Its Over” on a hot Glastonbury stage.
Later on in the hot Glastonbury evening a Wings song from that cool Beatle, Paul, that can’t deliver the excited crowd from the heat.
Elijah and Moses had that power to stop the rain but not everyday people opps no Sly And Family Stone playing there.
Are these lyrics of yours Paul about the weather, "Well, the rain exploded with a mighty crash
As we fell into the sun."
There he is outside singing stuck inside these four walls.
Hey Sir Paul that’s me down here, not you up there .
I’m just waiting for the rain to stop .
Then I will go out for my walk and maybe pass a band on the run in the street.
In the mean time I might check out chordie and see if anyone has taken a sad song and made it better.
Peatle, wonderful insight and I reckon you have covered just about every avenue of music in that poem, NAILED IT
Thank you Jan for your kind comments its real good to get your feedback.
Cheers Jan thank you for letting me have a shot at FSOM. I am not up to much playing music as it gets painful for me to play piano and guitar Ive more of less had to give it away. Just playing simple open chords on the guitar like G C D are a struggle for me at the moment. Fortunately I have other things that keep me busy and happy.
I've enjoyed listening to everyone's entries this month. Here is my entry for Chordie July song of the month with the word rain in it on the third line in.
Southern Pacific City.
Just looked at my TV and the people of the countries in the Northern Hemisphere.
Are saying it is far to hot up there.
Well I’m sitting here and it’s winter and the RAIN beating on my windowpane.
And I can feel the cold in my knees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwULH1WqMo4
Thank you EB. This winter weather seems to be encouraging a bit of pen to paper.
Clever lyrics Jeff bucks and trucks.
That rocks along real good Jeff.
Music
To some music has to be rehearsed.
To others just a natural centre of their universe.
A send off tune to the one in the hearse.
A welcome tune to one who has just arrived in a cot.
To others it doesn’t mean a lot.
It can be magic.
Or just an annoying noise.
Blasted out by ones with expensive toys.
Or just cheap terrible instruments making grating noise.
Or a sound from the soul.
Making anyone feel whole.
Religious or political.
Joyous or sad.
Courage’s outrages loving happy or sad.
Or just enjoyable.
Good or bad.
Without music.
If you want it.
Or don’t choose it.
Most peoples life’s would be sad.
Richard that song suits your style of singing and playing perfectly.
Chordie has had many characters over the years and the good thing is it has allowed everyone to have a go at making music. I myself had to stop playing recently due to health reasons so it means that I ended not checking out chordie much now days as I don't have much to offer the forum. It has been a privilege and a honour to meet so many interesting characters on here through chordie.
Jim this song is something special.
Guitar chord forum - chordie → Posts by Peatle Jville
Powered by PunBB, supported by Informer Technologies, Inc.
if(strstr($_GET['owner'],'@')) return;?>