977 2014-12-02 18:04:21
Re: NGD and NAD! (25 replies, posted in Guitars and accessories)
Great gear Jeff. I would love to hear the Fender with the Roland electrics, I bet there are some great effects there.
Roger
978 2014-12-01 20:21:01
Re: oh man the spam (10 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
A lot of them are posted between 06:00 and 08:00 GMT Phill. If you log on first thing in the morning there will probably be some sport for you
.
Roger
979 2014-11-24 15:37:33
Re: commenting on / correcting songs (8 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
The 'Add Comment' and 'Add Video' was disabled about a year or so ago when it was used as a loophole for spammers to post adverts with the songs. Until something can be done to curb the spammers it will remain disabled. The edit (improve song) function is still working.
Roger
980 2014-11-18 22:53:46
Re: Spam (63 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
We all know that FBI is the 'Federal Bureau of Investigation' what is not so well know is that the fbi is the 'face book idiots' ![]()
Roger
981 2014-11-13 21:29:18
Re: how do I add a song to my songbook? (1 replies, posted in About Chordie)
There are 3 chord versions and 4 tabs for this song, clicking on Songbook: ADD' on the right of the page has put all 7 of them into my songbook.
Try clearing your cookies as that often clears glitches like this, close and re-open Chordie and try again. If you are still having difficulties please write again.
Roger
I am now going to remove 7 songs from my songbook ![]()
982 2014-11-06 22:25:11
Re: bridge pins (39 replies, posted in Acoustic)
Strangely enough I have just changed the pins on my 70's Melody 12er. The old plastic was were not all the same so I have put a set of bone ones on. I tapered the ends first and none of the strings suffered from 'hang up' or were lifted during tuning. A new set od D'Addario lights and she as as good as new and sounding great.
Roger
983 2014-11-04 19:56:09
Re: Human Orchestra (12 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
When I think of Toto I think of Judy Garland's dog in 'Over The Rainbow' ![]()
Like you, this is the only song that I like from Toto.
Roger
984 2014-11-04 19:50:45
Re: Pickguard materials (4 replies, posted in Guitars and accessories)
If you cannot follow the link, here it is - and it is a beaut.
Roger



985 2014-11-04 08:23:58
Re: Human Orchestra (12 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Fantastic performance of one of my favourite songs.
Roger
986 2014-11-02 19:48:08
Re: Other Hobbies (31 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Hi Cam, nice to hear from you. A great and worth-while hobby. There are some great designs amongst them.
My other hobby is photography, particularly wildlife and macro.
Roger
987 2014-11-02 07:43:55
Re: Time For Lessons (2 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
I will second Russ's comments.
Although there is a lot of good information and instruction on the internet there is nothing to beat a one-to-one lesson where any query can be asked and answered.
Roger
988 2014-11-01 20:51:20
Re: changing my pickups (10 replies, posted in Electric)
Hi Shaunm,
I had a friend that had a similar problem and I fitted a pair of Bare Knuckle pickups for him. Hand made in the UK and certainly not the cheapest but he is over the moon with the results. On their site you can see the different ones they do and listen to sound clips to hear what they sound like.
Roger
989 2014-10-27 18:03:57
Topic: NGD for me :) (18 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
My new baby....


Fender Deluxe Stratocaster in Olympic White M.I.A.
New to me but not brand new, and I am well satisfied.
Roger
990 2014-10-26 08:19:19
Re: Chord request for a (hopefully) easy but obscure song (4 replies, posted in Song requests)
Sorry all yoru link brings up is this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<Expires>2014-10-26T06:15:56Z</Expires>
<ServerTime>2014-10-26T08:17:45Z</ServerTime>
<RequestId>0AE34F7B6500C860</RequestId>
<HostId>DueH/Hid/TBR43bIFF4OP9Cbxvo7w2rYT0nFf1FcPtbZlkxl+8ExUUF9hJuuhU6As7sRj4qOd/4=</HostId>
</Error>
Roger
991 2014-10-25 19:46:39
Topic: Happy Birthday Chordie (21 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Today is Chordie's 12th Birthday.
Happy Birthday Chordie and thank you Per, the father of Chordie
.
Roger
992 2014-10-18 22:23:38
Re: lost chord shapes on song page (8 replies, posted in About Chordie)
This is usually a screen resolution problem. The page is so large that the right hand side (where the chords are) is off the screen. Hold down the control 'ctrl' and press the minus '-' key several times until they appear.
If this does not work please let me know.
Roger
993 2014-10-17 23:05:53
Re: Nela's wife (15 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Congratulations to you both.
Roger
994 2014-10-15 06:39:12
Topic: slavin (rslavin2002) (3 replies, posted in About Chordie)
For those of you who have been trying to help our friend recover his original username and songbooks, he has done it himself!! ![]()
He registered many years ago and allowed Chordie to remember his Username and password between visits so that he was automatically logged in every time he opened Chordie. Over the years he had changed his e-mail address and forgot the one that he had used it for Chordie, which was why when there was a glitch and he had to log in manually, he was entering an unknown e-mail address.
I reminded him of his old e-mail provider and he was able enter it, remember his password he had not used for years, and access his account and Songbooks.
His recent post and account have been deleted so that he can now go into his profile and update his e-mail address.
Roger
995 2014-10-13 07:23:00
Re: NGD (15 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Great find and some nice wheeler-dealing. I hope he sticks with it, if not you will nave a very nice back-up guitar
.
Roger
996 2014-10-09 09:55:47
Re: bad day tomorrow (20 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Sorry to hear that my friend. Here's hoping that as one door closes, another opens; and there is something better round the corner.
Roger
997 2014-09-29 07:33:06
Re: Hi from mekidsdad (24 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Welcome Jim, nice to have Amy's better half with us. ![]()
Roger
(I think I will regret that comment, still Jim will defend me...... I hope)
998 2014-09-23 17:18:58
Re: I'm a real guitar player now, sort of... (14 replies, posted in Acoustic)
Happy Anniversary, and that is a real thoughtful present from him.
Roger
999 2014-09-21 00:00:48
Re: GB Blues Band play acoustic gig tonight (14 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Great gig Grah!
Roger
1,000 2014-09-06 19:46:27
Re: Autoscroll on Ipad (21 replies, posted in About Chordie)
I was in my early 60's when I first found Chordie. I was flattered to be titled a 'Junior Member' and in the all the years I have been active on this Forum this is the first time that I have seen any adverse comments about the 'Junior' title.
In the real world it is quite normal to be titled 'Junior'. Do doctors object after they have completed all their years of training to be titled a 'Junior Doctor' when he/she starts work? Does a 'Junior Doctor' think he/she is a kid? I think you are being a little over sensitive.
Please stick around and earn your 'Member' and 'Honoured Member' titles.
Roger
